Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute update policy ???

tag
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Equifax dispute update policy ???

Last month I disputed a AU account I had listed on two of my three reports (EQ & TU). This was a charge off/closed account reporting over the max credit line. It was hurting my score with both a lot.

I called the original creditor and had myself removed as a AU . I then disputed the account with both CRA(s) as not mine, adding needed information (same on both). TU removed the account within three day's. EQ made me fill out a long form submission online since their systems were down. I've been checking every few days on my EQ dispute. Last time it had "pending" in the status indicator, now it's blank...

EQdispute.jpg

How long will they make me wait? Obviously they have the correct information now. The status has been changed from pending to nothing.

I'm waiting for this to be removed before I apply for another revolving account. Will they make me wait the full 30 days before removing/updating? 

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute update policy ???

There really is not a way of knowing. You can try calling to see what the blank is about or if they have updated info. But it is very possible it can take 30 days, and if so, not much can be done about that.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
RCOH
Regular Contributor

It looks as if they're going to make me wait it out before updating. Two more weeks isn't that long I guess. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There really is no error in the reporting, and thus a dispute is really not appropriate.  I would not complain about their taking time to process a dispute that is actually not a showing of inaccurate reporting.

Any AU account is, by its very definition, an "account not mine."

Accounts of another are permitted to be included in your report if you consent.

The proper procedure is to revoke that consent with the creditor, and to have the creditor discontinue/delete reporting of the AU.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They took almost 30 days for me, to take something off when everybody else took less than a week.

Message 5 of 6
RCOH
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

There really is no error in the reporting, and thus a dispute is really not appropriate.  I would not complain about their taking time to process a dispute that is actually not a showing of inaccurate reporting.

Any AU account is, by its very definition, an "account not mine."

Accounts of another are permitted to be included in your report if you consent.

The proper procedure is to revoke that consent with the creditor, and to have the creditor discontinue/delete reporting of the AU.

I did revoke consent first, "I called the original creditor and had myself removed as a AU . I then disputed the account with both CRA(s) as not mine, adding needed information (same on both)". I told the OC I didn't consent to being added to this account.

This shouldn't have been on any report in the first place. I wasn't even aware until I pulled my reports. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.