Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax dispute!!!

So I have a almost 7 year charge off on my file that is set to fall off within a month. I called equifax to request early exclusion and the rep said no problem I'll submit a dispute for you. I asked the rep what he put as the reason and the rep said consumer is requesting early exclusion. Fast forward today I called back to check the status and the reps said its still in progress but he said the reps put a totally different reason that was never discussed. He said it stated I was disputing that the account was paid b4 it ever went to collections!! I asked what could be done and he said they can't stop it and to call back in the morning to speak with a higher department since they were about to close. Any advice on what can be done about this? The rep put false info which I would think would be illegal. Thx for any input.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax dispute!!!

This is why Equifax early exclusion is not even worth doing. One month is not even worth the hassle. By the time they finally get around to it, it’s really only 3 weeks.

TU 6 months and EX 3 months are worth it.

My understanding is that the front line reps don’t have access to the correct screens to do an early exclusion. Most likely the rep realized after you got off the phone and it was too late.

EE technique; call, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they ask why say “I would like to request an early exclusion and I know only supervisors are authorized to do this”.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya I definitely know better now. But is there any legal recourse for the call center rep lying on the dispute reason? Any advice on what can be done there?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Write to a board of director. Be nice but mention you are aware of your legal rights.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.