cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dropped 77 points of my credit because I closed a credit card?

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax dropped 77 points of my credit because I closed a credit card?

I’m not sure if this has been explained, FICO and CK are not the same. CK uses Vantage scoring , or FAKO as you’ll see it here. They grade and weight things differently. CKs score doesn’t really matter for much as few lenders use it. If BoA was your oldest account that’s why your score dropped off. It’s not a monopoly in any form of the definition either. IMHO I’d call BoA and see if they’ll reopen the account. I don’t know how they work as I don’t have accounts with them. As far as the AF goes I’d see if you can PC to something that doesn’t have one. That will keep your oldest revolving account open and rid you of the fee if you’re not using the card.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 21 of 22
KCC100
New Contributor

Re: Equifax dropped 77 points of my credit because I closed a credit card?

Thanks friend, I already updated this post. Actually I did not loose any points because of closing my oldest Credit Card, I losy 77 points because there was a new collection added on my credit. It got deleted again and now I got 79 points up.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.