Equifax, how I loath thee!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax, how I loath thee!

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same issue, same  bureau, same day.

I was trying to clean up  erroneous addresses, phone numbers, names and it locked me out of myEquifax. Went through the same process as you but I got lucky. They transferred me to tech support and they got me back in. Downside is I received a notice that my dispute was completed and they showed the corrected info but when I pulled a new report it was all still there. I’ll give it until Monday then it’s back at it.

Yeah, good luck with that!

I had to finally file a CFPB complaint against EQ to get an erroneous or perhaps fraudulent address removed from my file.

Ugh me too! My issue with EQ was FINALLY fixed after my CFPB complaint. It had some unintended consequences, but at least they're ones I can live with. Unfortunately, they deleted my entire tradeline instead of fixing the one 30 day late, but it barely affected my AAoA. At least the last 30 day late on my account is poof! gone! 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my joy was short lived. I'm locked out again. This was after I received a notice last week that my dispute was resolved and the bad addresses were deleted. They were still on my report so I called to find out why? I transferred to a US based supervisor. Everything seemed to be resolved and I try log in today to see if it was fixed and I'm locked out again. I can't believe these incompetent companies have such control over our financial data. So I'm back at it...

Message 12 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well my joy was short lived. I'm locked out again. This was after I received a notice last week that my dispute was resolved and the bad addresses were deleted. They were still on my report so I called to find out why? I transferred to a US based supervisor. Everything seemed to be resolved and I try log in today to see if it was fixed and I'm locked out again. I can't believe these incompetent companies have such control over our financial data. So I'm back at it...

Ugh! I feel for you... best of luck and keep us advised.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called these people today and I almost lost my mind. I sent a certified return receipt to them in July and they received it August 5. Today is 9/11/19 and I haven't heard anything so I call. I was on hold for 24 minutes after verifiying my zip,ss#,cell and some other nonsense. She could barely speak english. She kept repeating what I said and saying thankyou after she repeated it. WHAT??? then she tells me what I told her like um, lady didn't I JUST TELL YOU THAT? Then she states they mailed something out 8/24/19 which I never received. This was a waste of my time and totally annoying. She then proceed to tell me that they changed my job and named the company. I said ma'am, I worked there 35 years ago and asked to have that removed. And what did she say ok, thank you. (OMG as I pull out all my hair)Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Equifax tattoos anyone?Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.