cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax increased my score for a mortgage I dont have!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax increased my score for a mortgage I dont have!!!!

Ok guys...maybe someone out there can help me out.  I got a hit from Equifax in the positive for 3 points.  Here is the problem; it shows the additional 3 points added to my credit score but in the details it says the following:

Details:

Interest Rate

4.382% on 30 Year Mortgage

I plan of buying a house in the very near future but I haven't inquired about it.  I called Equifax and they stated that there is no "mortgage" on my Equifax credit bureau.  So what gives.  Anyone knows what this means?  I do apologize if this is in the wrong place. Thank you in advance.

MJH

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax increased my score for a mortgage I dont have!!!!

I would look to see if you have additional inquiries, sp & hp
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using MyFICO, there's an "alert" setting that says "notify me when I qualify for different interest rates on mortgages" or something to that effect.

Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This was posted in "Credit Cards"... you'll likely get more input on your topic in another forum, probably General Credit Topics or Understanding FICO Scoring. 

I'll request a moderator to relocate the thread for you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok guys...maybe someone out there can help me out.  I got a hit from Equifax in the positive for 3 points.  Here is the problem; it shows the additional 3 points added to my credit score but in the details it says the following:

Details:

Interest Rate

4.382% on 30 Year Mortgage

I plan of buying a house in the very near future but I haven't inquired about it.  I called Equifax and they stated that there is no "mortgage" on my Equifax credit bureau.  So what gives.  Anyone knows what this means?  I do apologize if this is in the wrong place. Thank you in advance.

MJH

You're misunderstanding the alert... but it's not just you - the way they present those notes seems to confuse people every day.

Your score was updated due to a triggering event (balance change, etc).

MyFICO then interpreted the change in score as one that crossed a possible tier threshold for a mortage, and reported the (possible) results if you were to apply for said loan today, with that score. (Never mind that the FICO 8 being reported there isn't actually used for mortages...)

It's not a new loan appearing.

It's just MyFICO alerting being unnecessarily confusing.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I feel much better now. Enjoy what remains of your day.

MJH
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.