cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax increased my score for a mortgage I dont have!!!!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Equifax increased my score for a mortgage I dont have!!!!

Ok guys...maybe someone out there can help me out.  I got a hit from Equifax in the positive for 3 points.  Here is the problem; it shows the additional 3 points added to my credit score but in the details it says the following:

Details:

Interest Rate

4.382% on 30 Year Mortgage

I plan of buying a house in the very near future but I haven't inquired about it.  I called Equifax and they stated that there is no "mortgage" on my Equifax credit bureau.  So what gives.  Anyone knows what this means?  I do apologize if this is in the wrong place. Thank you in advance.

MJH

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax increased my score for a mortgage I dont have!!!!

I would look to see if you have additional inquiries, sp & hp
7/16 Fico8 - 672eq/707tu/692ex Inq/19tu, 13eq, 11ex bk6/12 / Accts Kohls 1K, Cap1 QS 4.3K, Cap1 QS 3.75K WMSC 6K, CU 3.5K, Bcly 2K, WMMC 8K, Disc 5K, LL Bean 2.5K Blispay 2K, Sam's MC 8K, Marvels MC 8K, Stash Visa 8K, PPMC 6K, Ebates Visa 8K
Message 2 of 7
Established Contributor

If you're using MyFICO, there's an "alert" setting that says "notify me when I qualify for different interest rates on mortgages" or something to that effect.

CURRENT FICO 08: EQ: 751 / TU: 772 / EX: 771
Message 3 of 7

This was posted in "Credit Cards"... you'll likely get more input on your topic in another forum, probably General Credit Topics or Understanding FICO Scoring. 

I'll request a moderator to relocate the thread for you.

Message 4 of 7
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Established Contributor

@Dreadfully_Darken wrote:

Ok guys...maybe someone out there can help me out.  I got a hit from Equifax in the positive for 3 points.  Here is the problem; it shows the additional 3 points added to my credit score but in the details it says the following:

Details:

Interest Rate

4.382% on 30 Year Mortgage

I plan of buying a house in the very near future but I haven't inquired about it.  I called Equifax and they stated that there is no "mortgage" on my Equifax credit bureau.  So what gives.  Anyone knows what this means?  I do apologize if this is in the wrong place. Thank you in advance.

MJH

You're misunderstanding the alert... but it's not just you - the way they present those notes seems to confuse people every day.

Your score was updated due to a triggering event (balance change, etc).

MyFICO then interpreted the change in score as one that crossed a possible tier threshold for a mortage, and reported the (possible) results if you were to apply for said loan today, with that score. (Never mind that the FICO 8 being reported there isn't actually used for mortages...)

It's not a new loan appearing.

It's just MyFICO alerting being unnecessarily confusing.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:850 TU9:850 EX9:850
EQ5:809 TU4:789 EX2:819 - 2019-09-06
Message 6 of 7
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I feel much better now. Enjoy what remains of your day.

MJH
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.