Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is strange

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Equifax is strange

I've had a lot of activity on all three CRA's as some of you know.  Equifax has routinely had issues with my report for some reason.  Lenders would try and pull it and get an error message.  It didn't say it was frozen, just error.  Well somehow BofA and Keybank managed to get a copy of Equifax.  I pulled my Equifax report (which was never a problem for me to do) today.  To my surprise, 20 inq's have disappared into thin air and three installment loans are not reporting which obviously helps my DTI.  The inq's are strange because they are within the last two years.  I compared my Equifax report from yesterday to today's report and find that the following dated inq's are gone:

04/16/15, 07/18/15, 01/24/15, 07/14/15, 05/15/15, 04/01/15, 07/22/15, 02/24/15, 01/06/15, 04/06/15, 06/01/15, 05/31/15, 04/02/15,

05/25/16, 05/21/16, 05/12/16, 07/25/15, 02/15/15,

07/23/15, 01/23/15

Anyways, the BofA app was denied due to inq's and the Keybank (Preferred Line of Credit) looks like it may be on way to approval since UW needed to know my monthly rent.  I was told by rep that UW had already reviewed application and just needed to know my rental amount.  Can't see them denying application after they've already reviewed it and then wanting to know the rental amount just to deny application.  However, anything's possible, just look at this Equifax issue.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax is strange

Could be a split file.  Could be an issue related to something like having a large number of soft pulls (not sure if that's still a problem).  You want to get this sorted out with EQ.  Do not assume that missing installments is beneficial.  Balance to loan ratio on installments does factor into Amounts Owed but it does not have the same impact as revolving utilization on revolving accounts.  It's not just about DTI.  It's never just about any one factor on its own.

Message 2 of 3
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax is strange

@takeshi74 wrote:

Could be a split file.  Could be an issue related to something like having a large number of soft pulls (not sure if that's still a problem).  You want to get this sorted out with EQ.  Do not assume that missing installments is beneficial.  Balance to loan ratio on installments does factor into Amounts Owed but it does not have the same impact as revolving utilization on revolving accounts.  It's not just about DTI.  It's never just about any one factor on its own.

Noted.   However,  the only issue would be if it's a split file.   The missing installment loans is a plus (right now) since it does reduce my DTI.  I still have 2 installment loans that are reporting so that's a moot point.  The soft pull issues have been worked out a while ago so that's not it.  As long as EQ can be gotten,  im happy with the way it is. It's not something that I created directly.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.