Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not showing payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax not showing payments

I am in the early stages of getting my credit mortgage ready and noticed that for some reason, none of my credit cards are reporting to Equifax.  They have all of my information (limit, balance, payment, etc) but the actual payments do not show, unless of course I missed one!   I started this mission by contacting Equifax and they were the ones that said I would need to contact the individual companies. I called all three of my credit card companies and asked them to report the payment history as well and while it took a while they all finally understood what I meant and should now be reporting my payment history.  If this does not actually end up happening, is this something that I can dispute or am I just stuck with it?  The information isn't inaccurate since it just says that my payments are not reported, but at the same time it is.  Thoughts would be helpful!  Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax not showing payments

Do your CRAs report that your balance/utilization is going down after payments are made?  If so, it doesn't matter.  Utilization/balances are part of FICO -- the actual payments made shouldn't matter.

If you make a $500 payment on a TL and then charge a new $500 and it shows high utilization, try to time your payment to fall on statement cut date so show lower utilization.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The monetary amounts are updating and current, but I was hoping that I could get the payments reporting to increase my payment history.  In my mind it just doesn't make sense that they would show the negative history but not the positive history as well.  The other two Bureaus are reporting my payment history, but for some reason Equifax is not.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that information makes any difference in FICO score at all.

it might make a difference only in a manual review.  Otherwise it is just optional.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Monthly payment amount is an element of the monthly Metro 2 reporting required on credit card accounts.

Lack of showing in your commercial credit report does not mean it is not being reported and is not in your credit file.

Commercial credit reports do not show all information in your credit file, they only show what the vendor decided to include.

Last balance minus payment = new balance.  It is there, either directly or indirectly.

Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Are you seeing this on a full Equifax report, or is this seen in some third party service?

All third parties mangle one of my tradelines, but if I look at a base EQ report it's there.  Not sure this is entirely similar as the rest of my tradelines are OK, but verify it on an explicit bureau pull from annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already.

It shouldn't matter as others have said, payment history is basically the abscense of negative information rather than having silly amounts of pretty OK's and that's at the heart of the algorithm, but in particular I don't think payments reported matter at all as reporting by lenders varies a lot and "open, no negatives, updated within last 6 months" presumes you've been making your payments monthly, and that's good enough for FICO to count the tradeline as I understand the implementation.

        
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing it on my full credit report that I got through ScoreSense.  I'll be pulling all three of my reports in about a month or so.  I am making my last payment to get my student loans out of default next week and then hopefully I will be able to get an approval for a mortgage.  I spoke with a mortagage broker back in February just to see where I stood with my credit and what my next steps would be, and it wasn't pretty...fingers crossed that all goes well in the next month!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to my all of my credit card comapnies few weeks ago and they are supposed to be resubmitting the information to the CRAs.  None of them mentioned actually filing a dispute.  Today I received a letter from Capital One saying that they have placed a disagreement code on my credit file with the major CRAs as the information is reporting.  So now I guess I have to contact them all again and have them retract the dispute if they filed one.  Ugh!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.