Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax not updating

Has anyone experienced equifax report not updating and showing that you have no credit file? My equifax has not updated since February of this year. It also doesn't update on my FICO, only experian and transunion update. I've called equifax and they say it shows on their end and they even sent me a credit report showing everything. I don't know what to do at this point. My mortgage lender can't even pull the report and it's frustrating.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax not updating

Another poster is having issues as you in another thread. Creditor cant pull report. If you have EQ's report in your hands. Go to annual credit report and pull TU and EX free real credit reports. My responce from the other thread:

EQ is known to have whats called a split file on people. Happened to me a few years ago. Split files, which are also called “fragmented” and “duplicated” files which occur when information about one person gets spread out over two or more credit reports. Due to splitting, consumers may end up with more than one credit report from the same bureau, as well as more than one credit score (neither of which is truly accurate).

Pull your reports from all three bureaus to verify that one of the bureaus is reporting your information incorrectly. Probably EQ. Old information might not appear on your credit reports, so comparing between bureaus can help you make sure that you’re dealing with an actual split file.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your settings,, you may have initiated a credit lock where no one can access your file. If you are locked it will come back that way where the lender cant evenopen it, but your file still is live.

Message 3 of 6
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I also have this problem with EQ.  My score is like 100 points below the others there is no derogs but outdated info.  I am unsure what to do here also. I have a file showing correct info from Annual Credit Report, but CITI and Credit Karma aren't able to pull my EQ.  Following this thread.  

Is there some idea on what steps to take to resolve?

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you have real reports like from annual credit report. TU/EX are fine but EQ is messed up. It is not easy finding these mistakes, but if you know you see information that does not belong to you, then call EQ specifically to ask, Is my file mixed?” If that doesnt work.You can file a complaint with the CFPB. Explain all that has happened. Upload the files. You'll get answers from the CFPB whereas calling EQ may get you nowhere. When I had the spit file it all came down to one letter. My middle initial was listed as J and its S. So I had 2 files. Look at full names/addresses in particular. It can come from a creditor who listed your personal info wrong. One number off from your SS#. Or it can cross over from someone else with similar info. I had to send in some things and it was fixed in 3 days. Even a EQ rep called me to let me know its fixed.

Message 5 of 6
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I will attempt the same.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.