Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax on credit karma

tag
NC84
Regular Contributor

Equifax on credit karma

My scores before August were Experian 659 , Trans 670 and Equifax was 690. I had set back months ago and had a large sum of money in debt. My Experian seemed to never change the whole time from the score it was before my hardship but my Equifax and Transunion dropped by 60-80 points. My Experian is still exactly the same at 659 as its been for 2 years but my Equifax on credit karma is still at 580 with below 30% credit utilization. My Trans seemed to catch up a little at 622 score as expected for the amount of debt I have paid off since August. My question is why do these other Equifax scores on my Ally Lease website and Penfed Website say 646. Which one would be more inmportant ? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax on credit karma

There are many credit scoring models, the only ones that matter are FICO.  Credit Karma, and a lot of other sites use Vantage 3.0 scoring, you can disregard that score.  Depending on the creditor, they may only report to one or two of the bureau's, so that could be why you aren't seeing a score difference in Experian?

Message 2 of 7
NC84
Regular Contributor

Is the experian free score the real fico?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you getting the free Experian score?

Message 4 of 7
NC84
Regular Contributor

on the official website
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, then yes.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NC84 wrote:

My scores before August were Experian 659 , Trans 670 and Equifax was 690. I had set back months ago and had a large sum of money in debt. My Experian seemed to never change the whole time from the score it was before my hardship but my Equifax and Transunion dropped by 60-80 points. My Experian is still exactly the same at 659 as its been for 2 years but my Equifax on credit karma is still at 580 with below 30% credit utilization. My Trans seemed to catch up a little at 622 score as expected for the amount of debt I have paid off since August. My question is why do these other Equifax scores on my Ally Lease website and Penfed Website say 646. Which one would be more inmportant ? Thanks

Does Ally use Equifax as you stated above?  When I log into my account, it says they use Experian FICO 3 auto enhanced.  It also only updates quarterly.  You can pull the EX 3 from here but not the auto enhanced version.  I am not a member of Penfed but aren't they using FICO 9?  Please quit watching your Vantage scores fluctuating.  I also believe that you haven't given us enough information and the info you have given us is a bit misleading.

F3.JPG

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.