Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax removed two open account

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Equifax removed two open account

So EQ decided to remove both of my Cap1 accounts, for the notifications today. Both open, in good standing, and no issues whatsoever. Luckily for me, they were both at $0 bc idk how long this is gonna take for them to fix it. 

any advice/thoughts would be helpful. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax removed two open account

Did you actually pull new reports to confirm they were removed and it's not some sort of error with your monitoring service? If not, you should pull it from annualcreditreport.com, just to double check because that's very odd.  

Also... I don't understand what your current balance has to do with the account no longer being on your report? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 5
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I did, immediately thru MF. I purchased all 3 separately and Equifax is the culprit. Their still showing on the other two, their both still open. I confirmed with Annual also, although I was only able to pull EQ and EX WITH Annual as it glitched when I tried pulling TU. 

It's very odd, and the timing is not good. In the middle of closing on first home. EQ will be my first call come Tuesday morning, but I'm very upset to say the least. 

Message 3 of 5
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

I did, immediately thru MF. I purchased all 3 separately and Equifax is the culprit. Their still showing on the other two, their both still open. I confirmed with Annual also, although I was only able to pull EQ and EX WITH Annual as it glitched when I tried pulling TU. 

It's very odd, and the timing is not good. In the middle of closing on first home. EQ will be my first call come Tuesday morning, but I'm very upset to say the least. 

Yeah that's very strange -- usually accounts are only removed if they reach their reporting statute or if the creditor requests removal. Open accounts in good standing don't just get deleted for no reason (unless, of course, it's an error).   

I don't know if EQ will be able to fix the issue -- from what I understand, once an account is removed, it's kinda gone from their systems until/unless they receive account info from the creditor again.  You may have to reach out to CapOne and have them re-report to EQ.     The accounts also may re-appear on their own when CapOne does their regular monthly update to the bureaus.   But I assume you don't want to wait for that so I'd reach out to EQ first - find out if they even know why the accounts were removed and if they can just be added back on -- and if you get no where with them, then contact CapOne.

Good Luck! 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 5
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, much appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.