Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax reports no credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax reports no credit history

I applied for a loan (soft pull) today and lender said my Equifax file was frozen. They couldn’t access it. Then I tried to renew my membership at myFICO.com and was told they couldn’t access my Equifax scores. Said they were having issues. Asked me questions as though I don’t have a credit file. A ghost. I’ve had credit for over 35 years.

Why would this happen and how can I contact Equifax directly to fix this problem? I monitor my scores in credit karma and credit karma has “0” as my Equifax score, shows no accounts. Ghost. How could this be???

Please help!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax reports no credit history

Weclome to the nightware we know as Equifax... My guess is a split file.  See what others have to say

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone else posted this problem yesterday and got it resolved by calling Equifax (which I think is a first, EQ fixing something rather than making it worse). Turned out that the other poster was in the EQ system and they located the account via SSN - the name was misspelled and that’s what caused the problem.

EDIT - I was incorrect, see my next post.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - here’s the thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/I-just-found-out-that-Equifax-doesn-t-know-I-...

EQ didn’t fix it after all, the individual figured it out. That’s more of what I’d expect than EQ being the solution to anything.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.