Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax's Online Dispute Portal Not Working

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax's Online Dispute Portal Not Working

Since last week, I've been trying to check the status of my dispute with Equifax but I keep getting the following message:

"Sorry for the inconvenience, currently service is unavailable. Please try again later."

Has anyone had better luck with this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
nax
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax's Online Dispute Portal Not Working

It has been up and down for the past several weeks from my experiance. :-( I am waiting for them to catch up to TU and Ex on a dispute.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems as though this has been an ongoing problem for years, based on some old threads here. Do you happen to know if Equifax mails the dispute results, in addition to the online part?

@nax wrote:

It has been up and down for the past several weeks from my experiance. :-( I am waiting for them to catch up to TU and Ex on a dispute.

Message 3 of 12
nax
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if they snail mail, I have been getting an email from them I believe every 2 days with the usual "We are continuing to process your recent dispute; as a reminder, it may take up to 30 days to complete your dispute from the date you submitted to Equifax." I'm sure onces it's all done they will send one.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Equifax this morning and was told that my dispute was completed on 04/20. Since the online portal has been inaccessible, they'll send the results to me via regular mail (I don't think they automatically mail out results for online disputes). The last email I got from them was from 04/23, telling me that they were still processing my dispute.

Message 5 of 12
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

This has happened to me every time I have an open dispute with them. I can normally login a week or so after I get the email that the dispute was completed.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I experienced this last week. I called EQ and they read true results after a grueling verification process.
Message 7 of 12
Petit3tee
Contributor

I thought it only happened with me. I tried to dispute a student loan collection wrongly placed on my report and I kept getting the same error message on their website. So I filled the actual dispute paper form along with a statement from myself and evidence (if any) and mailed it to them. A few days later, they responded to my email and within a month, they removed that collection of my report. 

Address is Equifax Information Service LLC

PO BOX 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256 

be sure to send certified since it contains privacy information! 

Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

After two months’ worth of attempts, I was finally able to access my dispute results online (06/13/2019). I did call the Equifax customer service twice and both times I was told that I’ll receive the results via regular mail—I still haven’t received anything.

I hope you guys have found your luck with this.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me before, try this number 1-800-685-5000

if this doesnt work for you, they respond to this email pretty quickly as well cust.serv@equifax.com

Hope this helps

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.