Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax says cc not cancelled but it is

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Equifax says cc not cancelled but it is

I cancelled about 23 cards.

Verifyinf cancellations through credit karma, transunions confirms all cancellations.

Equifax shows capital one open.

Filed online dispute with equifax, in a few days they write back and say they called capital one and confirmed the capital one is still OPEN.

I sign onto capital one and it shows in red lettering, both accounts are closed.

I called capital one and rep confirmed both cap one are closed.

I refile dispute with equifax and uploaded the screenshot of cap one accounts showing closed

Makes you wonder how reliable equifax is!? 

So let's see how they respind with this second inquiry to show cap one as closed (I can wait, all cc's open and closed are 100% exceptional in payment history).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax says cc not cancelled but it is

I found that EQ is a little slow at reporting accounts closed. I closed a card a month ago and it was showing up until this last update (today) as open, even on CCT. They will reflect closed.

Personal:

Business:

Message 2 of 5
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I found that EQ is a little slow at reporting accounts closed. I closed a card a month ago and it was showing up until this last update (today) as open, even on CCT. They will reflect closed.

^^^^^

Thanks for sharing. What got me is the reply said equifax contacted cap one and confirmed acct was open, which is not true since I contact cap one and they said it was closed. 

Message 3 of 5
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

^^^^^

Thanks for sharing. What got me is the reply said equifax contacted cap one and confirmed acct was open, which is not true since I contact cap one and they said it was closed. 

That is interesting. Another funny thing about EQ is that I disputed some old addresses a few weeks ago on my report. The dispute was mailed back saying that they have deleted the addresses. I turn to the very next page and the addresses are still listed under my personal info on my EQ report. How funny is that?

Personal:

Business:

Message 4 of 5
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

^^^^^

That is interesting. Another funny thing about EQ is that I disputed some old addresses a few weeks ago on my report. The dispute was mailed back saying that they have deleted the addresses. I turn to the very next page and the addresses are still listed under my personal info on my EQ report. How funny is that?

^^^

Thanks for sharing. It's not funny at all I think ; ) since equifax may be hampering people from getting credit with erroneous report info; it's a good thing to check the credit report detals at least once a year or whenever you know something has changes such as new cc or deleted credit, new address, employer, etc. I use credit karma for detailed info in the report, it updates weekly and is free.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.