cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score dropped the day after disputing...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax score dropped the day after disputing...

Hi, I recently decided to be more responsible and check my credit reports since I have neglected to so for years. To my surprise I found some things that were inaccurate and negatively effecting my score. I filed a dispute for a collection account, a small medical charge off, and late payment reports on a store card ( My bank statements show the payments were on time). The day after filing the disputes online with Equifax I got an alert from myfico account that my Equifax fico score and decreased by 8 points. Is this normal? Will my score increase or at least return to what it was after the investigation? Anyone else experience this issue?  Help please Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax score dropped the day after disputing...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I recently decided to be more responsible and check my credit reports since I have neglected to so for years. To my surprise I found some things that were inaccurate and negatively effecting my score. I filed a dispute for a collection account, a small medical charge off, and late payment reports on a store card ( My bank statements show the payments were on time). The day after filing the disputes online with Equifax I got an alert from myfico account that my Equifax fico score and decreased by 8 points. Is this normal? Will my score increase or at least return to what it was after the investigation? Anyone else experience this issue?  Help please Smiley Sad

Something else is the cause of the decrease, simply disputing is not one of the categories that fico takes into the algorithmic considerations to calculate a score. It's just simple coincidence. Dv

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax score dropped the day after disputing...

Hi DV,

In my alerts showing the decrease its showing that changes in accounts for the store card I disputed and the charge off are the reason for the decrease...that's why I'm so confused.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.