Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax vs Creditkarma

tag
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

Equifax vs Creditkarma

Quick question for you guys. I check credit karma website frequently and it tells me that I have 4 hard inquaries. Few days ago I checked my Equifax report and it does not show any hard inquaries. I am a little confused as to why, any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax vs Creditkarma

CK pulls TU only and your EQ report only cover EQ (assuming now you didn't buy the 3-in-1).

Message 2 of 6
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

That makes sense, but is that normal that one report show...

That makes sense, but is that normal that one report shows 4 and one 0? Does it all depend on whoever is checking credit score which one they pull?

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: That makes sense, but is that normal that one report show...

@SMikulski49 wrote:

That makes sense, but is that normal that one report shows 4 and one 0? Does it all depend on whoever is checking credit score which one they pull?

It's normal. Each creditor has their own preference as to which report to pull.

ETA...I'll also add that if you pulled your EQ report from here, it will only show inquiries for the past year, whereas non-FICO reports will show it for the past 2...because FICO only factors inquiries for one year.

Message 4 of 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

CK also has your INQ listed for 24 months when EQ only has them listed for 12 months

Message 5 of 6
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the information everyone, I really want to get my scores above 800, but now I just need time Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.