Did you mean: 

Erratic NFCU CLOC & PenFed PLOC Reporting

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Erratic NFCU CLOC & PenFed PLOC Reporting

@tussking wrote:

Wanted to add my 2 cents...

My NFCU CLOC is reporting monthly accurately.

**bleep** PenFed CLOC is a joke...I used it once and let $250 report....That balance was paid in a week after it reported and it still reports $250 ---- THREE MONTHS LATER.

When you say the NFCU CLOC reports "accurately", accurately when?

End of the month?

Statement date?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed PLOC reported oddly for me, too. I borrowed 1500 and paid a week later. That was two months ago. The balance is still reporting. Not sure if there is anything I can do.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed PLOC reported oddly for me, too. I borrowed 1500 and paid a week later. That was two months ago. The balance is still reporting. Not sure if there is anything I can do.

Personally, I would call PenFed and ask

Message 13 of 24
tussking
Established Contributor

It reports after statement date.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally, I would call PenFed and ask

Good idea, TygerHawke! 

Message 15 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@tussking wrote:

It reports after statement date.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I asked NFCU which balance they report and they wouldn't say. Here's their response:

The balance as of the date of reporting is the amount reported to the credit bureaus. Navy federal sends electronic transmission to all four major credit reporting agencies each month based on your billing cycle. The exact reporting date is unavailable

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked PenFed earlier this months and they said they send the balance on the date the statement cuts for the general banking account (checking/savings), which in my case is the 7th but I still don't have an updated balance reporting yet.
Message 18 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I asked PenFed earlier this months and they said they send the balance on the date the statement cuts for the general banking account (checking/savings), which in my case is the 7th but I still don't have an updated balance reporting yet.

My experience with the PenFed PLOC is that they are reporting the balance from the 3rd day of the month, which is neither the statement balance nor the end of month balance.

Message 19 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Now PenFed's reporting got even crazier.

I was just setlling in to think I could safely depend on it reporting the balance from the 3rd day of the month, but this time it reported the balance from the 6th day of the month.

Completely unpredictable.

The only pattern is that there is no pattern. They don't report the end of month balance and they don't report the statement balance.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.