cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!! Tuscani?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!! Tuscani?

Correcting it would NOT make your score go down.

I'd call 'em. This thread has some TU voice and fax numbers.

You are correct. The thinktanks robbed TU of everyone with a brain. Even stole their scarecrow, tinman and lion. TU Special Handling is the exception. They are issued brains.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!!

Sorry im just responding. My loan officer really wanted me to get over a 700, which happened within 2 weeks, but what I had to do was pay down EVERYTHING and ask every creditor to re-report and also had to contact all the credit agencies with CREDIT REFERENCE LETTERS, which state your current balance etc. I mailed a copy overnight as well as got fax numbers and telephone numbers where the bureaus could contact someone and verify (You have to be persistent that you need a number and extension of someone the bureau can speak to - they can also speak to a financial center manager, like a branch person, because they also have access to all your accounts, i.e. if you own a bank of america credit card, a manager can also verify, your current balances, etc). 

You would have to call everyday and ask for the department that "expidites" the reports. DONT LET THEM TELL YOU THERE IS NO SUCH DEPARTMENT - there is. 

Tell them you are getting a mortgage and you need to have your report updated asap. Transunion takes long though. They always had some sort of delay.   Experian an Equifax would get it done in 2-4 days, trans can sometimes take 4-6 days; but thats generally the timeframe I experienced.

Start on Monday, pay everything down to a dollar or so, then get credit reference letters faxed to you, organize it and fax to each bureau with a letter/dispute requesting an update.  Do an online dispute as well.  Also make sure you ask your creditors to re-submit your info or fax the bureaus the letter directly too.  You might want to get a direct fax number to the "mortgage or expidited" department at the bureaus. 

Its gonna be aggrevating, believe me, but just stick to it and you should have everything updated by the 11th of June.  Stay on it.  

PS - when your middle score reaches 720, you're in a whole nother ball game.  Between 650-719 is ok too, its all relative.  Call BANK OF AMERICA mortgage department and just pick their brain to have a second option.   And the person who listed creditboard.com was right.  Check their forum out, they have loan underwriters and analyst online. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

noah_bo.....

"correcting it could not make your score go down......"

DONT SAY THAT - THEY MESSED MINE UP AND IT DID MAKE MY SCORE GO DOWN. 

Also my mother in law had the similar problem and they added further deliquency to her account. I guess it depends on what rep they speak to at your creditors office.  If someone gives them one wrong piece of info, they are going to put it right on your report and say they "got it from your creditor"

My mother in law had a student loan that was in deferrment, they told TU that it was 60 days late. We found out that was an error, it looked like it was late, but wasnt and TU put that right on her report.  Before that, she disputed the account because it stated 30 days late - so it went from 30 to 60 - HUGE PROBLEM.

Work on your other reports and you should be fine.  If you want to try with TU, go ahead, but I would caution you, because if they mess it up, you will need 30 more days to fix it.   I also notice that as the days go by you are awarded a few points (I guess for lenght of history), so sit tight on the TU thing.

It you update, one other account, that might boost your TU score.   Try to figure out if you can pay anything else down.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'l just sit tight on the TU error and hope another month of aging gets me 1 more point to 680.   I only have a $105 balance on a $5000 limit CC so not much to pay down to improve my score.

Message Edited by flyers on 06-02-2007 09:03 AM
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get a copy from the auto leasing company showing that this was paid off. Many of these places can fax it to you the same day. Give a copy to the bank and see if they will use it to grant you the rate you should have been given. I would also mail a copy to TU and threaten suit if they don't remove it permanently. Tell them that you are applying for a mortgage and will hold them responsible for the difference in interest over 30 years if they don't fix this promptly. I expect you couldn't actually get that in court, but I'm not sure the person opening your letter would know that.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.