cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establishing and Viewing Credit Score with an ITIN

tag
jaymonline

Establishing and Viewing Credit Score with an ITIN

So here's my situation, I have held a secured card for over a couple of years now through Sable Card and earlier this year I got my ITIN and applied for a Capital One Platinum Card and got it approved with the usual $300 CL. After 6 months, in September I got an offer for a product change to the Cap1 Quicksilver and a CLI to $600. 

My question however is how do I see or verify that I have built any credit history throughout this time? Or does it take time? Most online applications I make for other cards get declined saying they were unable to verify my information, or unable to retrieve my credit score. I tried a few different online services both paid and free ones to check and they too were unable to fetch my credit score. Is this supposed to take longer than 6-7 months? Or is there something I can do to correct this? Even Caps1's very own CreditWise says, "Please contact us for more information."

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Establishing and Viewing Credit Score with an ITIN

From EX whats needed to mail in: You can check the other CRA's

"If you do not have an SSN, you can submit your request for a free credit report in writing. Please include one copy of a government-issued identification card, such as a driver's license, state ID card or similar displaying your current address, and one copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, insurance statement or similar.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/can-you-check-your-credit-score-without-a-social-securit... 

Message 2 of 3
bachi607
New Contributor

Re: Establishing and Viewing Credit Score with an ITIN

Hi,

Based on my experience, you can get all FICO scores for FREE even with ITIN but you must have accounts/credit cards with below bankers to get monthly FREE FICO Scores from all 3 Bureaus. I added my wife as Authorized user and built her credit profile, then started with secured card with Bank of America for her and now(after 3+yrs) she has 2 Unsecured cards with $7000 CL, and after so much research I was able to find options to get to know credit scores for her, please see below, hope this helps!!  Good Luck!

Bank/Credit UnionBureau
Amex Experian FICO
Bank of AmericaTranunion FICO
DCU Equifax FICO

DCUSantander-UltimateBECUBECU VISAAmexUS BankPenFedPenFed_GoldSantander-SphereAppleDiscover ItSynchrony
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.