Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excited and disappointed at the same time

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Excited and disappointed at the same time

so today i log on to my account and was disappointed to see that my EQ score went from 702 down to 699 (boo!). i know i know....its only 3 points but i was hoping that i could stay in the 700 club for all 3 CB's (myFICO scores TU 724 EX 705). i was confused as to why it went down because if anything else, it should've stayed the same because  i paid down my 2 cards carrying balances from 15% to just below 10% util. but i know those wouldn't show updated on my report until mid month when cc's update. so i pull my EQ report today and was excited to find that my paid judgement from 2006 has finally fallen off my report (woohoo!)!!! so does this small ding on my EQ score the result of rebucketing? that is what i am thinking since now...the only thing affecting my scores across the board is the one CO from verizon wireless that is set to fall off my reports late next year.

since my EQ report cleaned up a bit recently, i decided to pull my TU report and found that the judgement is still showing (another boo!). but it also has the estimated drop off date of this month. since i remember reading a thread within the past week about TU deleting a judgement off of one member's report 1 month early, i decided to give them a call. called their consumer relations number in the sticky. so i ask the csr when the judgement is supposed to drop off my report. he said that my judgement was not supposed to drop off until 09/02/2013. dont think he realized what the date was so i told him since today is the 5th, it should've disappeared a couple of days ago. there was a silence for a while and i can hear the csr's brain working regarding today's date Smiley LOL but anyways....i couldn't get it deleted from TU. csr said my choice was either allow him to put it in dispute or for me to wait out september to see if it falls off by the end of the month. told him i'll just wait it out.

but in any case...just getting that much closer to a cleaner report is something to celebrate! it's been over a decade that my cr's were clean of any baddies that reaching a milestone like having a major drag on my credit profile age out is refreshing. just hate the fact the i have to wait some more for verizon to age out of my reports. oh and btw...a nice ending for today was finding a "special invite" pre-approval from FNBO. but it's only for their platinum visa. was hoping for their amex card. got 'til the middle of next month to sit on the invite. just enough time for judgement on TU to disappear (hopefully). i know it's not definite approval for them...but again, just receiving an offer from a prime lender is refreshing.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.