Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Boost Television Commercials

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Experian Boost Television Commercials

I am sitting here watching college football and watched an Experian Boost commercial. And, yeah know, I have been noticing a lot of advertising for by Experian for Experian Boost. I am not one for conspiracy theories (except where Equifax is concerned) and I do not believe there is anything nefarious going on, however, Experian has been spending a lot of money on advertising lately for Experian Boost. Am I missing something here or is Experian just trying to generate traffic hoping people will sign up for Credit Check Total?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Boost Television Commercials

Nah, they are just looking for more of info so that the hackers will be satisfiedSmiley Wink. They want to play with Eq and get as much money off our info as possible.
Message 2 of 4
Berk
Established Contributor

Credit bureau Experian wants to ease that Catch-22 for credit novices with a free product it launched Monday. Experian Boost lets consumers opt to include their cell phone and utility payments into the calculation of their credit score using data from Experian.

The idea is to help thin-file customers — those who have less experience with credit — by incorporating signs of responsible financial behavior that traditionally aren’t seen by credit reporting bureaus. Boost also may help people who are rebuilding their credit after financial setbacks. Experian estimates the product could affect up to 100 million consumers’ scores.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/experian-boost/

All you have to do is give Exerian access to your bank account!!! No worries there!! Experian was never hacked by an overseas gentleman posing as a state side private investigator. Our data is secure with them!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bottom line - they wouldn’t go to the expense of creating this to offer to consumers for free if they weren’t making money off the new data somewhere. You can count on that.

The only free financial entity I’ve ever seen that exists solely for the benefit of its users is this forum, specifically its advice to users from other users. Anything else, count on the cost to be made up by the sale of any data gleaned.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.