Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Decided False Personal Info is Valid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Decided False Personal Info is Valid

Last month I submitted a dispute of personal information with Experian.  They just sent me the results of the disuptes.  One phone number I have never used (and haven't lived in that area code in 7 years) is still on there, as is a spelling of my name I've never used, and a variation of my address that says I live in an apartment (it's actually a single family home).      I really wasn't prepared to fight them on such basic things as my personal information.   What now?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Decided False Personal Info is Valid

Did you send a copy of your license and ss card with a utility bill?
Message 2 of 6
iv
Valued Contributor

They likely just verified that the (incorrect) info was being actively provided by one of your lenders...

You can check which tradeline(s) have the wrong info - on the full/ACR reports Experian has an "Address Identification Number" listed for each tradeline, and you can match that number to the AIN listed for each address under Personal Information.  Once you know which lender is reporting the wrong information, you can either correct it with them, or dispute the reporting of that tradleline info with Experian.

I had had ...issues... with getting online or outsourced call center reps to fix Name/Phone/Address info - escalating to the US corporate offices may be needed.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!  And yes, I did send that info by mail after they "validated" it online.  Some of it is due to identity theft so I would think they would want to correct it just as much as I do. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Budoka
New Contributor

@iv wrote:

They likely just verified that the (incorrect) info was being actively provided by one of your lenders...

You can check which tradeline(s) have the wrong info - on the full/ACR reports Experian has an "Address Identification Number" listed for each tradeline, and you can match that number to the AIN listed for each address under Personal Information.  Once you know which lender is reporting the wrong information, you can either correct it with them, or dispute the reporting of that tradleline info with Experian.

I had had ...issues... with getting online or outsourced call center reps to fix Name/Phone/Address info - escalating to the US corporate offices may be needed.

I had/have this exact same problem.  Experian deleted the incorrect address but wouldn't budge on the incorrect name even after sending them all of the documentation they requested AND demonstrating that the incorrect name, in addition to not being mine,  was directly associated with the fraud and the addresses they deleted. I ended up just having a note added stating that fact and hoped that would suffice. Still angry about it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.