Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exclusion/On record until

tag
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Experian Early Exclusion/On record until

I have some accounts on my Experian report that state "on record until September 2021", "on record until July 2021", etc. 

May I request early exclusion three months prior to the "on record until" date, or is the on record until date the earliest I may request that?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Early Exclusion/On record until

Their date is confusing - you can ask for EE three months early based on DoFD. The "on record" date is six years and ten months from DoFD. Therefore you can ask a month before the "on record" date.

Message 2 of 23
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the clarification. I don't believe any of my negatives have a DOFD listed. 

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you'd like that type of info, download your reports from www.annualcreditreport.com - normally they're free once every 12 months but due to Covid you can pull them weekly for free. They're far more comprehensive than what you see from monitors like Credit Karma. You'll find those DoFDs in there. Otherwise though, just call a month before that record date and you should be good Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I didn't know about early exclusion... It's my first time hearing about it so I'm so glad you brought it up. The last few years of my credit history have been perfect but there's this one account that I disputed and had removed from Equifax and TransUnion but couldn't with Experian. After fighting and fighting, I looked at the date and realized it will fall off in a couple months. But after reading this thread I did a little refresher and unfortunately, I still have another year of waiting--- or at least 8 more months. Anyway, here's some info I got from Googling for 2 minutes.

What is early exclusion?

Early exclusion is not an official policy of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It’s in the discretion of each credit bureau. Early exclusion is when the credit bureaus remove a negative tradeline several months prior to the official date that information is due to be excluded (removed) from your credit files. Transunion seems to be the most flexible with early exclusion. With Experian and Equifax you may have to call a few times to get a representative to agree.

Early exclusion can work for negative tradelines such as late payments, charge-offs, collection accounts, accounts included in bankruptcy and late payments.

Here are two options to get the process started:

• Call the credit bureau, with your credit report in hand, and tell the representative “I’d like your help in deleting some old tradelines from my credit report.” Basically you’d like “obsolete” items removed.
  • Dispute online choosing the option “Obsolete” or “No longer liable for this account” in addition to adding the comment “According to my records this account is too old to be on my report.”

Transunion (800-916-8800) may exclude negative tradelines up to 6 months early
Experian (800-493-1058) may exclude tradelines up to 3 months early.
Equifax (877-784-2528) may exclude tradelines up to 1 or 2 months early.

These are just estimations based on individual consumers’ experiences. Your experience may vary with each credit bureau. If one representative tells you no, then try another; it could render a very different result.

(Source: https://rebuildcreditscores.com/25-tips-to-fix-credit)

When Does the 7 Year Rule Begin For Delinquent Accounts?

Late payments remain on the credit report for seven years. The seven-year rule is based on when the delinquency occurred. Whether the entire account will be deleted is determined by whether you brought the account current after the missed payment. If the account was brought current, the late payments that have reached seven years old will be removed, but the rest of the account history will remain.

(Source: https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian)

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one late that was due to fall off 12/2020. Requested EE on 09/01 and it was removed a few days later.

Message 6 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had one late that was due to fall off 12/2020. Requested EE on 09/01 and it was removed a few days later.

Congratulations on your EE success!

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG...I found out about EE yesterday through the Forum.  Today I called Experian...asked to be transferred to a supervisor.  The agent asked why I needed a supervisor and I told her I wanted to remove some items from my report that are too old to be reported.  She said she could help me.  I then tell her I have 8 collection accounts from a debt collector and she said she could delete them for me today.  I was so happy. She puts me on hold for about 4-5 minutes, afterwards, she said it has all been deleted and should be reflected in the system in about 24-36 hours.  So happy!!!!  Per the Experian website, the items were scheduled to fall off in December 2020 so I got them off 2 months early.  they are all from an accounts shown as late as of March 2014.

Message 8 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG...I found out about EE yesterday through the Forum.  Today I called Experian...asked to be transferred to a supervisor.  The agent asked why I needed a supervisor and I told her I wanted to remove some items from my report that are too old to be reported.  She said she could help me.  I then tell her I have 8 collection accounts from a debt collector and she said she could delete them for me today.  I was so happy. She puts me on hold for about 4-5 minutes, afterwards, she said it has all been deleted and should be reflected in the system in about 24-36 hours.  So happy!!!!  Per the Experian website, the items were scheduled to fall off in December 2020 so I got them off 2 months early.  they are all from an accounts shown as late as of March 2014.

Congratulations on your success!

Message 9 of 23
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow 3 months before the "on record until" date? That would mean you got it removed 6 months early.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.