Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Removal of Lates

tag
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Early Removal of Lates

I also believed they didn't remove lates early, but my Feb 30 day late dropped off in December and now my last 30 day late for May 2012 has just gone to "NA" status. Both 3 months early. I don't know why. I did not request an EE or dispute them.
Message 11 of 16
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

I think they are doing it sometimes now, but you can't request EE removal of lates. Lates do fall when the first in the chain reach the age.  So if you had a 30 day in December, 60 in January, and 90 in Feb when the first 30 falls they all fall. This is just the way these exclusion work.

If the tradeline you have the lates on is positive except for the lates, then it would not be smart to ask for exclusion anyway. Once the lates fall then the account becomes positive and affect your Average for the full 10 years instead of the entire tradeline being gone..

With that being said, it seems to me like all the CRA's are getting more lenient with removing baddies. I've seen several people report getting EE's from TU at 9 months and others saying they had gotten them earlier on EQ and EE. I know I got one 2 months earlier than I should have on EQ according to how they have historically done things. Maybe they are lightening up the policies on granting EE's for certain things.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 12 of 16
rbentley
Established Contributor

My lates were not in a chain. There was a single 30 day late in February followed by positive payment in March and April until another 30 day late in May. Both went from being marked 30 day late to "NA" 3 months prior to when they would naturally age off. Don't know why.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

at least EX is doing something for you,  Im starting to campain for EE for items that are due to fall off this year in 3-4 months and I'm striking out on all fronts

What are the items? The don't EE for lates( no one does), but I haven't had any issues with any tradelines and even my Bk13 was removed early. You do need to speak with a supervisor to get it handled as the first level folks can't do it.

TU EEs lates. They deleted the whole account - two student loans that had a 60 day each they wiped right out. 

I was actually taken aback by it because if I had known they would delete the otherwise positive tradeline, I would have left it alone and let them fall in July. 

I decided not to ask EX and EQ for EE on those same accounts for this reason — both TL would have been there til 2024. 

Message 14 of 16
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I assumed TU would remove my account too since the late they removed without dispute or request was from an account opened in 2003 and closed in 2011.  Surprisingly they did not.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

at least EX is doing something for you,  Im starting to campain for EE for items that are due to fall off this year in 3-4 months and I'm striking out on all fronts

What are the items? The don't EE for lates( no one does), but I haven't had any issues with any tradelines and even my Bk13 was removed early. You do need to speak with a supervisor to get it handled as the first level folks can't do it.

BOA account opened in 2008, closed in 2012 from lates.  It's due to fall off this year, and i already got TU to EE and remove the trade line entirley off my report within the exclusion window-  I spoke with a supervisor who did it in 5 minutes over the phone.

I called Experian 3 separate times to request the same thing through 2 different supervisors and 1 customer rep and they all told me they dont exclude period.  The limit is 30 days and no less.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.