cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Fico and my Fico the same scoring system?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all so I have Been Using my Fico for 2 months now, and noticed Experian also has a Fico system that you can try for 1$ 7 days. One of my credit cards is showing to be posted on the Experian site but hasn't posted yet on my Fico. Anyone know why? Why such a huge delay on my Fico? It's been a week now. Also should both of these scores be the exact same considering they're both Fico scoring systems? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Fico and my Fico the same scoring system?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey all so I have Been Using my Fico for 2 months now, and noticed Experian also has a Fico system that you can try for 1$ 7 days. One of my credit cards is showing to be posted on the Experian site but hasn't posted yet on my Fico. Anyone know why? Why such a huge delay on my Fico? It's been a week now. Also should both of these scores be the exact same considering they're both Fico scoring systems? Thanks.

If you're purchasing Experian's FICO score product, yes they're the same version.

The bureaus push updates to myFICO unless you purchase an instant-in-time pull or you have one for your account under the current 1B/3B Essentials or one of the older products which gave full report pulls every so often.

Some changes on the bureau's side don't trigger the bureau to update myFICO, though I thought Experian in particular had made great strides to be more consumer friendly in that regard as of late.

The monitoring solutions were originally written for the lenders to take advantage of, as a result not everything that we consider important is in the application yet as far as changes to the credit report go (like no lender cared, ever, if something fell off the report as one such example) but everyone's solution is getting better.

        
Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Always consider the specific scoring model when referencing scores.  Both myFICO and Experian provide FICO 8's.  myFICO also provides access to additional FICO models on a quarterly basis -- see also the Compare Our Products (link at the top of every page on this site) page and the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.

@Anonymous wrote:
One of my credit cards is showing to be posted on the Experian site but hasn't posted yet on my Fico. Anyone know why? Why such a huge delay on my Fico? It's been a week now. Also should both of these scores be the exact same considering they're both Fico scoring systems? Thanks.

What do you mean by "posted"?  First reported?  Reporting an update?  What are you looking at?  Keep in mind that reports only update quarterly on myFICO.

Keep in mind that myFICO is a trigger based service while other services update on fixed intervals.  Not all activity with a scoring update is a trigger for myFICO.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bureau-credit-monitoring-and-fico%C2%AE-identity

A new account is a trigger for myFICO.

@Anonymous wrote:
Also should both of these scores be the exact same considering they're both Fico scoring systems? Thanks.

If generated close enough to each other they should be.  It's not just the scoring model that matters.  The CRA matters.  The report data matters (though this reason and the CRA are really redundant).  Even if you have the same model and CRA it is possible for numbers to differ if there has been sufficient report data change in the span of time that the two scores were generated.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really confusing. All I want to know is why hasn'...

This is really confusing. All I want to know is why hasn't myfico reported the balance change on my credit cards for the month of March while credit karma, and Experian Fico are clearly showing a score update. Experian is showing an 30 point increase, utilization dropping to 10%, and a tax lien being released. These are not important enough factors to trigger alerts? It's been 1 week. Is there anyway I can request a free pull? It just doesn't feel right.
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This is really confusing. All I want to know is why hasn'...

@Anonymous wrote:
This is really confusing. All I want to know is why hasn't myfico reported the balance change on my credit cards for the month of March while credit karma, and Experian Fico are clearly showing a score update. Experian is showing an 30 point increase, utilization dropping to 10%, and a tax lien being released. These are not important enough factors to trigger alerts? It's been 1 week. Is there anyway I can request a free pull? It just doesn't feel right.

It's been since 3/4 for me missing 2ish payments to $0 (they were small balances anyway), but sometimes there is a lag and for a fact it's not all myFICO.  

A tradeline update should occur on the tax lien being released on EQ (different status) but I'm not sure on EX on that, there's a list somewhere of what the triggers are and unfortunately that won't produce a score increase unless it's removed in my experience.  Where are you seeing that Experian has the changes?  Changes get pushed from Experian to myFICO as I understand it, though that might've changed as there was a pull in the Equifax data from MF that I didn't initiate; my Experian report got cut off at 10 pages so not sure on that, should go request another.

It's all software, and it helps to remember these solutions were developed by the bureaus for the lenders... they don't care that a tax lien was released, at all, unless a customer does something to warrant another underwriting decision.  They're getting to be more consumer friendly over time but they weren't really a consumer-focused application... which is arguably why CK does a full pull once a week as that is better, though still problematic as I just found out.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have an account with Experian Fico which is showing a 30 point increase from my last payments.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico is the slowest and most inconsistent of all the monitoring services. That's one of the reasons I dumped them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.