Did you mean: 

Experian Scores, is there a Fico?

tag
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Scores, is there a Fico?

@GaTech wrote:

@mauve wrote:

Not worth a hard pull to find out, IMO. I'd go with the assumption that the lower of your TU & EQ scores is what you're looking at.

However, here's one workaround - if you have a CC that pulls Experian, and you ask for and are denied a CLI with a soft pull and they reject you based on score, they have to give you that score.

YMMV.

It's also my understanding that you can no longer join PSECU if you don't live in PA. Do you live in PA?

There's an option on the link that says if you're not a resident of PA you cant become a member for $20.

Really? Because all I found was this:

https://join.psecu.com/Consumer/Xpress/public/Eligibility.aspx

And it says even if you pay the $20, you still have to be a permanent resident of PA. Bummer.

Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's been discussed on this board in the past but its worth repeating, you must be a resident of PA.
Message 12 of 18
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
It's been discussed on this board in the past but its worth repeating, you must be a resident of PA.

Smiley Sad gameover

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 13 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I could be wrong though...I believe they changed it last year.

LS, am I wrong?
Message 14 of 18
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yes Lexie you are correct. That ship has sailed away. It just sucks that I wasn't able to go with them.

So in laymens terms, you cannot join anymore if you aren't a PA resident. All loopholes have been closed.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 15 of 18
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

IIRC there was a previous thread about Credit Sesame being the most accurate if no baddies are reporting.

Message 16 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What about Experians website? How close is the Plus score?
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.