Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Security Freeze

tag
chrys
Established Member

Experian Security Freeze

I was unable to do a security freeze (when news of the Equifax fiasco broke - that weekend) online possibly because of failing their identify verification system. Their message said that I should send in a bunch of documentation to an Allen, Texas address. I sent the documentation with USPS Priority Mail and the mail was delivered to an Irving, Texas address. I've tried calling their customer service number but no one answers. I'm sure they are inundated with security freeze requests. I was able to put a security freeze on with Equifax and Transunion. Not sure about what to do with Experian. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Security Freeze

I only did tu and the other bureau's followed them automatically with 90 day freeze.
Message 2 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

You might try Experian's Identity Works Plus:

http://www.experian.com/consumer-products/identity-theft-and-credit-protection.html

Scroll down to the bottom left. Free 30 day trial, then $9.99/mo. If your EX is frozen then it probably can't access it. If EX is not frozen yet, then you can lock it, which will be overridden when EX is frozen. When/if you want to cancel click Support while logged in and there's a toll free # to call, be prepared for at least a 30 minute wait.

Message 3 of 4
chrys
Established Member

Thanks. I sign up as you suggested. Found that my Experian Security Freeze was in effect. Mission accomplished. Now I just have to spend 30 minutes on the phone cancelling Experian's Identity Works Plus.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.