Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian & Regions Credit Card

tag
Kayceegee
Established Member

Experian & Regions Credit Card

So I have a regions secured credit card for 500 dollars & in the month of December I let it get to 50% utilization but when January came I got my self together and paid balance in full but now in Feb, experian dropped my score 19 points saying i used Half of my cards amount, I tried disputing it but the decision doesnt say much. Am I in the wrong or do you guys think this can be disputed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian & Regions Credit Card

@Kayceegee wrote:

So I have a regions secured credit card for 500 dollars & in the month of December I let it get to 50% utilization but when January came I got my self together and paid balance in full but now in Feb, experian dropped my score 19 points saying i used Half of my cards amount, I tried disputing it but the decision doesnt say much. Am I in the wrong or do you guys think this can be disputed?

Pull your reports and look to see what is actually being reported.

What date did the account in question last update? 

What is your immediate need for your credit? Is the time frame flexible? 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest leaving a micro balance on just one credit card.  If I pay off my card down to zero.  My FICO score drops but if I leave a 10 dollar balance on just one card.  My score doesn't drop.  

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What was the balance/date on the statement for Jan. Since you say you charged up to 50% in Dec. When it goes back to $0 for Feb. You'll get the points back.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.