Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian came through for me today in a BIG way

tag
Greenivy
New Contributor

Experian came through for me today in a BIG way

So as much as I complain about the credit reporting agencies, Experian came through for me in a big way today.  I will begin by saying this was a four hour process today, but in the end it was worth it.  I opened my Total Visa account as of December 2021, and the last time the card reported to Experian was February 2022.  At that time the card was over the balance, and since it wasn't reporting monthly it was stuck in time as far as Experian was concerned.  I have since paid the card off (June 2022) and since it wasn't reporting properly, I decided to dispute the account online with Experian.  I figured that once disputed they would check with the creditor, and update it appropriately ( reflecting my zero balance, with ontime payments being made since Feb.).  Boy was I wrong.  Once they did the investigation, Total Visa came back with incorrect information to them, still reflecting an over the limit balance AND a new late payment in the month of July.  I was heated, as this new erroneous late payment dropped my score 20 points. 

I immediately called Total Visa and got the run around with them for about an hour, but they acknowleged the account indeed had a $0 balance AND there was NO late payment in July.  The options they gave me was to submit a dispute directly to them and it would take 30 days for them to investigate.  Well, I don't have that kind of time, so I call Experian and talk to about 4 agents until I got one that would actually send me to a supervisor.  I explained the situation, and at first she too, wanted me to submit the dispute by mail or try again submitting it online.  I knew that this was going to take 30 days if I mailed it, and I would be risking it coming back the same if I submitted it online again.  Then I guess she felt sorry for me, because then she said she would put me on hold to see if she could get approval to try one more thing.  She comes back and says she got approval to perfom a 3-way call between me, Experian and Total Visa to see if they would validate what I've been saying via the phone, then they could update their system.  About 30 seconds after she said, that the phone gets disconnected. 

I'm crushed, but determined to call back, because if she offered that maybe I could get another supervisor to do the same.  I called back at least 3 more times, and each time the phone gets disconnected.  I'm totally defeated at this point, but decide to call one last time.  I again have to go through the verification process, then have to explain the situation to another agent, then another 30 minutes on hold to a supervisor.  Well this time was the charm.  He was able to get Total Visa on the phone and they validated all the information to Experian.  The Experian supervisor said it could take up to 72 hours to make the changes.  Well all the changes have now been made and are reflecting on my account, and I've already gotten some of my points back.  Hopefully more of them will come back over the next few weeks.

I was dilligent, and didn't give up.....and I owe a lot of gratitude to the Experian supervisors who helped me out today, to do something that I thought was impossible (performing an account validation on a 3-way call with a creditor).  Miracles do happen every now and then!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Greenivy
New Contributor

Re: Experian came through for me today in a BIG way

OMG.....just to provide another update to this, just checked my FICO score for Experian and it has gone up 53 points overnight, due to this update.  It was well worth the 5 hours I spent on this yesterday!!!!

Message 2 of 8
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your success with Experian. I have posted many times on this forum how awesome both Experian and TransUnion supervisors are. I wish they would transfer some of their compassion to the stubborn and unwilling to listen staff at Equifax . . . Wishful thinking!!! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For myself the Total Card would be closed and history! Thank heavens we have many fish in the sea. That was diligent on your part and shameful on the part of the Total Card.

Life is too short to put up with that (at least from my chair).

Message 4 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For myself the Total Card would be closed and history! Thank heavens we have many fish in the sea. That was diligent on your part and shameful on the part of the Total Card.

I'm with you.  I know just giving up on accounts isn't for everyone but I gotta say, I would likely not use that card again if I could avoid it.  Thanks goodness you got all that resolved

Message 5 of 8
Greenivy
New Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm with you.  I know just giving up on accounts isn't for everyone but I gotta say, I would likely not use that card again if I could avoid it.  Thanks goodness you got all that resolved

Well I have it resolved with Experian......they did the same thing on Transunion....so I start the process with them in the morning. Once its all resolved, I'm closing the account.  It's my newest revolving account anyway.......

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Persistance pays off. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Greenivy
New Contributor

@Greenivy wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I have it resolved with Experian......they did the same thing on Transunion....so I start the process with them in the morning. Once its all resolved, I'm closing the account.  It's my newest revolving account anyway.......

*****Update:  Transunion has also updated my information now too!!!!! Back up 37 points!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.