cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian can't tell me when hp's fall off...can you?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Experian can't tell me when hp's fall off...can you?

I have three hp's that were supposed to fall off by Oct 5, 2020 according to Exp. cr.  I've spoken with a couple of different reps who tell me they don't know when the hp's will be removed but to call back in two months if they haven't and they'll investigate.  I have more to age off for the next few months so this is pretty annoying being Exp. dates the day of the removals and then they don't.

Is this typical or atypical? ty

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Flfico
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian can't tell me when hp's fall off...can you?

I've experienced this also. I think I read here that they will be removed by the 1st Saturday of the following month or something like that. I'm sure others will chime in with the exact details.

Message 2 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Flfico wrote:

I've experienced this also. I think I read here that they will be removed by the 1st Saturday of the following month or something like that. I'm sure others will chime in with the exact details.

Okay, I thought I'd read about some delayed schedule for hp's and just can't seem to find it now to confirm I wasn't dreaming that up...so you just did and I thank you. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

I have three hp's that were supposed to fall off by Oct 5, 2020 according to Exp. cr.  I've spoken with a couple of different reps who tell me they don't know when the hp's will be removed but to call back in two months if they haven't and they'll investigate.  I have more to age off for the next few months so this is pretty annoying being Exp. dates the day of the removals and then they don't.

I had a HP supposed to come off 9/8/20. It wasn't removed until the first Saturday of Oct.

So I do believe that's how EX removes a HP.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

I had a HP supposed to come off 9/8/20. It wasn't removed until the first Saturday of Oct.

So I do believe that's how EX removes a HP.

Great!  Thank you both for responding.
Message 5 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This exact question came up last month.  The definitive answer is discussed in this thread.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Removal-of-hard-inquiries-from-the-Experian-C...

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

This exact question came up last month.  The definitive answer is discussed in this thread.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Removal-of-hard-inquiries-from-the-Experian-C...

Great thread, thank you for sharing!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.