cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian can't tell me when hp's fall off...can you?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Experian can't tell me when hp's fall off...can you?

I have three hp's that were supposed to fall off by Oct 5, 2020 according to Exp. cr.  I've spoken with a couple of different reps who tell me they don't know when the hp's will be removed but to call back in two months if they haven't and they'll investigate.  I have more to age off for the next few months so this is pretty annoying being Exp. dates the day of the removals and then they don't.

Is this typical or atypical? ty

”MY TAKE HOME PAY DON’T TAKE ME HOME”
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Experian can't tell me when hp's fall off...can you?

I've experienced this also. I think I read here that they will be removed by the 1st Saturday of the following month or something like that. I'm sure others will chime in with the exact details.

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Flfico wrote:

I've experienced this also. I think I read here that they will be removed by the 1st Saturday of the following month or something like that. I'm sure others will chime in with the exact details.

Okay, I thought I'd read about some delayed schedule for hp's and just can't seem to find it now to confirm I wasn't dreaming that up...so you just did and I thank you. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

I have three hp's that were supposed to fall off by Oct 5, 2020 according to Exp. cr.  I've spoken with a couple of different reps who tell me they don't know when the hp's will be removed but to call back in two months if they haven't and they'll investigate.  I have more to age off for the next few months so this is pretty annoying being Exp. dates the day of the removals and then they don't.

I had a HP supposed to come off 9/8/20. It wasn't removed until the first Saturday of Oct.

So I do believe that's how EX removes a HP.

NFCU More Rewards 20K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 1500 CL
Discover IT 1000 CL
Capital One Quicksilver 500 CL (formerly Platinum)
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Bowiefan wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

I had a HP supposed to come off 9/8/20. It wasn't removed until the first Saturday of Oct.

So I do believe that's how EX removes a HP.

Great!  Thank you both for responding.
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This exact question came up last month.  The definitive answer is discussed in this thread.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Removal-of-hard-inquiries-from-the-Experian-C...

(10/2020)
FICO 8 (EX) 810 (TU) 805 (EQ) 794
FICO 9 (EX) 835 (TU) 822 (EQ) 828

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as ColdFusion
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@the_old_curmudgeon wrote:

This exact question came up last month.  The definitive answer is discussed in this thread.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Removal-of-hard-inquiries-from-the-Experian-C...

Great thread, thank you for sharing!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.