Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian free monthly credit report app

tag
kmr8
Valued Member

Experian free monthly credit report app

Just noticed an Experian beta app in Google Play that says it will update credit reports every 30 days and alert changes to the report, all for Free.
Tried to sign up, but got a message saying I should call a # to verify my identity.
But looks like others were able to use it - from reviews.
The app says Beta w/ about a 1000 downloads.
(If this actually works, god I hope it does)Combined with the new Discover Credit Scorecard this should provide a complete view of one's credit, which should always have been the case, but finally!
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
kmr8
Valued Member

Re: Experian free monthly credit report app

The app is called 'Experian - Free Credit Report'.
Not sure about AppStore, I only have Android.
Message 2 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm, it's under a different AppStore name than Experian's other product.  Suddenly a small bit dubious.

Oh it's creditexpert.com / consumerinfo.com rather than Experian direct; think traditionally that's been a paid service?

        
Message 3 of 23
RonM21
Valued Contributor

So, it's verified that it's free?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

This app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.experian.android&hl=en

@kmr8 wrote:
Combined with the new Discover Credit Scorecard this should provide a complete view of one's credit, which should always have been the case, but finally!

Don't assume that an EX report and an EX FICO 8 is a "complete view".  FICO 8 is not the only scoring model used by creditors (see also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies).  EX is not the only CRA used by creditors.  If you want to know where you stand with a given creidtor/product score wise then you need to know the model & CRA used in the decision and pull that specific score.  Keep in mind that it's never just about score.

Message 5 of 23
xaustie
New Contributor

Free monthly Experian credit report.

No score.

Free alerts - address change, new account opens, hard inquiry, public record listed and when you request a fraud alert be added to your credit report and a potential credit grantor is unable to verify your identity.

You can pay to see score(s). You can also pay to see reports from TU and EQ.

Message 6 of 23
kmr8
Valued Member

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI

Watch .. there is a fee for the apps. 

I do not see a free app for the free Experian monthly reports. 

I do get my score for free monthly for Experian but I have yet to find the free app for it. 

Message 8 of 23
iv
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

This app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.experian.android&hl=en

Interesting... it's not just a (complete except for SPs!) EX report every 30 days. It also appears to include an EX FICO 8 every 30 days.

Kinda blows away the new DIscover site there.

And once you create an account with the app, you can login to the normal Experian website, and see this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 2.29.11 PM.png

...and the full report and score is visible on the website there as well.

(If you have a problem getting the account fully setup through the app - with a message to call in... just go to the website, and login there to continue the verification process.)

We can only hope that the other CRAs (major and minor) will follow their lead.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 9 of 23
iv
Valued Contributor

Also, once it's setup, you can pay $4.95 to add additional EX scores, including EX2 for mortgages. (Looks like a one-time payment for one-time scores, but it's good to have another way to get EX2 on-demand.)

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 2.45.54 PM.png

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.