cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian is blocking me from seeing my report because of a $0 balance system says I owe. HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is blocking me from seeing my report because of a $0 balance system says I owe. HELP!

I have an account with experian to see my report/score. It's their free service. I've been working (with success!) to get fraudulent items taken off of my reports.

Over a month ago when I put in disputes and uploaded a police report, I briefly signed up for Experian's paid/premium membership, because I thought I had to in order to file disputes. I was on a free trial, but after a rep informed me over the phone I didn't need a paid membership, I asked them to cancel.

Two weeks ago I got emails saying my disputes had been concluded and to log in. When I attempted to log in, I got a page saying I could not log in because I owed something like $25 for my paid membership.

I called up (waited on hold over an hour) and was told that the paid membership wasn't properly canceled, but that they would take care of it right then. So then I tried to log in, but now when I do it says I have a $0 balance and until I pay the $0 balance I cannot access my report/account.

The rep told me that it would take 24 hours for the system to recognize my account was fine, and to try again the next day. Of course the next day it was the same. I gave it several days, but I still get a page that says I owe $0 and to enter in credit card information to settle that debt so I can log in.

So I called again (over 90 minute hold) and the first rep said they would try to fix it. I got two emails in a row while on hold saying my premium account had been cancelled, like, right that second. Still couldn't log in. I went to an escalated rep, so said she would open a ticket but had no idea how long it would take to resolve.

That was a week ago and I *STILL* cannot log into my account. I *STILL* get the "$0 owed" message. And yes, I have tried entering in a credit card to see if it will just run a $0 charge or something, but it won't work.

What am I supposed to do now? They will not resolve this, no one seems to know how or what's going on, and I am screwed and unable to view my report info!

I just spent another 95 minutes on hold only to have the Experian person answer, say they were there and who are they speaking with, and then claim to be unable to hear me and terminate the call. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Experian is blocking me from seeing my report because of a $0 balance system says I owe. HELP!

Have you tried asking for paper copies to be sent?  I assume there are paper copies available as they still allow disputes through mail.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian is blocking me from seeing my report because of a $0 balance system says I owe. HELP!

That doesn't really solve the issue. As I continue to work to rebuild/repair my credit, particularly in relation to fraudulent items, I need to be able to log in and look at my information fairly regularly. They offer this servie to everyone, and I already have an account, so their inability to fix whatever this issue is and allow me to login is a problem that needs a solution.

(But yes, I'm sure I could demand a paper copy, and then wait for it to arrive in the mail.)

Message 3 of 12
JVille
Valued Contributor

Try paying them a $1 and see if that will go. If it does it’s worth the hassle just to stop wasting your time!
Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

That doesn't really solve the issue. As I continue to work to rebuild/repair my credit, particularly in relation to fraudulent items, I need to be able to log in and look at my information fairly regularly. They offer this servie to everyone, and I already have an account, so their inability to fix whatever this issue is and allow me to login is a problem that needs a solution.

(But yes, I'm sure I could demand a paper copy, and then wait for it to arrive in the mail.)

If you paid for the service and they billed your card then you can dispute the charge as having not received the service. You should have access for 30 days for the results of the investigation. I would suggest you not get their service and go with eliminate ID thefts 12.95 a month deal for access to all 3 CRs thru MPM, you just ignore the score its not a fico.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you're really understanding the issue, but thank you for replying.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the type of thing where I can just pay them an arbitrary amount of money. It's like any other thing where you have an unpaid past due charge. It says you owe $X and you have to pay $X. I can't enter in a different amount of money and try to pay it.

It says I owe $0 and have to pay $0. Since I literally cannot pay $0 and entering in my credit card info to attempt to process such a payment has not worked, there is nothing more I can do on *MY* end except keep calling Experian and trying to get them to resolve it.

Message 7 of 12
JVille
Valued Contributor

Just wondered if you tried just for the hell of it?
Message 8 of 12
JVille
Valued Contributor

Oh no I get it!!! I recently found myself in a similar situation and finally got it to just go away by paying a dollar on a 50 cent bill. The Creditor later gave be a $10 refund as a We are sorry for the hassle. I couldn’t get anyone to fix it and accidentally fixed it myself.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Somehow I am not conveying the situation to you so that you understand.

I *literally* cannot "try" to pay a different/alternate amount. There is no way for me to do it.

If the area where it says the monetary amount to be paid could be altered in some way, perhaps I could try to pay $1 and see if it would work, but I can't. I literally cannot change the amount it wants to be paid.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.