Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian live person? UPDATED

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Experian live person? UPDATED

Hi guys, i believe my Experian membership has been compromised as i cant sign in and it appears my USERNAME and password have changed. About a week or more ago i couldnt sign in and was told for security i had to change my password. It looked legit at time , i did so, got an email there was a change to my account but i dont recall changing my username. I tried logging in last night couldnt , asked to see my username , got a new one, tried with my newer pw but couldnt so was going to reset but the text to confirm had a new phone number ive never seen. Very concerned.

But i cant find any number that gets me to a live person . Its insanity that if someone takes your creditials you cant do anything about it until business hours. Alll the numbers i have tried give me the same stupid automated responses which none solve my problem. Any suggestions, thanks AJC.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Experian live person?

So sorry to hear this @ajc

Since this possibly could be fraud, call Experian’s Online Fraud and Identity Theft Guidance at 1-888-397-3742.

I hope you can get this straightened out ASAP and that no damage has happened.

Keeping fingers crossed my friend.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 38
rbentley
Established Contributor

About a week ago I got the same message that I had to change my password. it was kind of a pain since I was using fingerprints, but I went ahead and got a new password. I hadn't signed back in since and after reading your email I got concerned that we both may have been scammed somehow. I, however, just tried and I'm able to sign in successfully.

Sorry for your problems. Hope that the telephone number given to you above can help. Good luck
Message 3 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks @CreditInspired Smiley Happy. Yeah ive cslled that but no live person. Im going to wait til 9 or 10 my time to see what office is opened on Saturday. I read one opens at 8 to 5. I put snother fraud alert in Experian last night and it is Frozen at least, or should be. My other 2 are locked. Hopefully i can get everything reset . Will update as i goSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @rbentley, yeah i thought it was weird too . Believe my forced pw update was on the 30th Jan from my email. When things like this happen i cant sleep well but at least i have some alerts in place. Im going to go through all accounts this weekend and update my security alerts/questions and passwords. I may even start trimming fat lol. Its 9:08 here so ill try real quick if not ill wait til my lunch break. If all else dails have to call on MondaySmiley Sad
Message 5 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The most ridiculous automated system ever. Like 3 options and none solves a problem. Heaven help me were this EquifaxSmiley Sad
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC ... fingers are crossed. We have to spend too much time dealing with the constant changes and it gets more than frustrating when you really need help and can't get it!!! Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! I wouldn’t sleep either AJC. Try this number ‭(479) 343-6239‬. Got off their page under the contact us>questions about membership. Also shows there hours as Sat-Sun 8-5 PST.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Message 8 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yikes, ive tried 7 or 8 different numbers and cant get past the exact same auto system. I cant reset any pw if the number isnt my cell and i need to tell that to a human! Looks like i may have to wait to Monday but i just dont see anyway to contact a person. You say agent it just repeats question then hangs up. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks. Yeah, unfortunately i cant reach anyone today. Cant get past the limited auto options. My only hope is that Monday their lines will open up and somehow i can get through but depressingly i see no hope of actually talking to anyone at Experian. This blows big time.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.