Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian live person? UPDATED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian live person?

@AJC: it’s funny I recall being able to call Experian and get a live person a couple times. But just recently I’ve needed to call them and I’ve had the same experience as you. I cannot find a number that gets me a real person. I am following the thread And wishing you the best
Message 11 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Birdman7. Im doing what i can control. Just changing my pws and calling my creditors to see if anything extra can be done. Placed a fraud alert on my Synchrony files which means ill be auto rejected on any apps or cli requests until i get a call or paper verifying it was me.

Amex was great, made a note to my file. Why cant these bureaus be open 24/7, its cray cray . I guess with Dads health and this my stress level has been pretty high this week. Maybe i need to find a gf or wife who works at ExperianSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is terrible  Do think you need to notify all your credit cards also of the issue? Sounds like phishing .   I hope this gets fixed

Also you could file a police report whether now or Monday. 

Message 13 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, not sure yet. Still have to talk to Experian as thats where i cant sign in. I havent seen anything fishy on my accounts yet but just being proactive. Hopefully tomorrow ill know more.

Lol @ Credit_Aholic Smiley Happy. That made me laugh which i neededSmiley Wink. That might be the only credit card i could get for the forseeable futureSmiley Wink. Awesome work as alwaysSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 38
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I needed to talk to an actual live person a couple months ago, and what a royal pain. Experian's automated phone system is the absolute worst! It starts by demanding you enter your full social security #. I use my free Google Voice phone service for calls I know will take a long time so I don't burn up my cell minutes, and internet phone service is nice but completely unsecure so I didn't want to enter my SS# over it and tried zeros in hope it would hand me over to a live person; nope, hung up on me twice! So I finally relented and entered my SS#. Sorry, I forgot what I did to finally get a live person and it was during "normal" biz hours, and when I did he had no idea how to resolve my issue. I had EX IndentityWorks Plus service primarily for locking and unlocking EX. When EQ gave me free IDnotify service I could use that to lock/unlock EX so I canceled IDworks. Well, every month it kept unlocking my EX with a note "change in membership". Luckily I got notices from IDnotify and would log in and re-lock it, but after the 3rd time I said enough! The EX rep had no idea what was going on or how to fix it, but it seems it have stopped . .  for now.

Good luck AJC!

Message 15 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Good luck, AJC
This is terrible
Message 16 of 38
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

So sorry to hear this buddy D

Message 17 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ajc
I’m hoping you’re already on the phone this Monday morning getting this resolved.

Our fingers are crossed.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I absolutely loathe Experian. No matter what number i call, there is no help, no human reply. Same automated system with their we will be releasing our Ultra Fico blah blah blah. I truely feel for anyone dealing with fraud . Its insane that not one method gets human contact. Only option i have now is to write to experian and proove myself and hope i can get some kind of response. I used to like Ex but no more. You cant even contact Ex or Eq without a headache or some semblance of justice being done. Thanks for everyones well wishes.
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

714-830-7000

Press 3 as soon as recording starts. 

Last resort - customersupport@experian.com

Source: GetHuman. 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.