Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian live person? UPDATED

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian live person?

Thanks @Anonymous. I did find that email, sent one off but no hopes ill get a reply. Ill check that number to see...Nope, checked that before too. Sigh, Going to write a letter and send it with signature request to make sure they got it. Ive never seen a company go out of its way to NOT talk to anyone. These are the "people" we entrust with our personal info. SmhSmiley Sad.
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

How absolutely ridiculous. 

And yeah that email says it has an average 2 day turn around. :/

Well hopefully you can get this sorted. Sorry man. Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah . Blows . At least so far i havent seen any fraud on my accounts, ive updated all security words, passwords, added phone passcodes where applicable, added fraud alerts, Ex is actually Frozen so ive done all i can . Just hope i can get it resolved . Ill say this, i have zero confidence in any credit bureau .
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks @Anonymous. I did find that email, sent one off but no hopes ill get a reply. Ill check that number to see...Nope, checked that before too. Sigh, Going to write a letter and send it with signature request to make sure they got it. Ive never seen a company go out of its way to NOT talk to anyone. These are the "people" we entrust with our personal info. SmhSmiley Sad.

AJC ... the sad part is we are NOT ABLE to FIRE them! It even gets worse as the federal government is trying to reduce controls on their capacity to do business. Who looses?

Message 24 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks Birdman7. Im doing what i can control. Just changing my pws and calling my creditors to see if anything extra can be done. Placed a fraud alert on my Synchrony files which means ill be auto rejected on any apps or cli requests until i get a call or paper verifying it was me.

Amex was great, made a note to my file. Why cant these bureaus be open 24/7, its cray cray . I guess with Dads health and this my stress level has been pretty high this week. Maybe i need to find a gf or wife who works at ExperianSmiley Wink

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice? Smiley Tongue  I thought my nuptials with someone who worked at EQ would have opened the doors, but sadly, divorce was imminent LOL.

Hope you get it sorted out @AverageJoesCredit.  I definitely feel your pain!

Message 25 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No go. I just cant past the im sorry. No amount of pressing 0 or saying agent gets me anywhere. Got an email back but cant verify my request without my member # and registered email.i do have a memver # from recent email but now i have zero clue how to know if an email is legit. Also got another email with my originsl username while others were the supposed chsnged one. Supposedly my account is locked due to me not answering my security questions right. I couldnt remember my pin. Insanity continues.
Message 26 of 38
calyx
Super Contributor

I'm sorry you are having to go through all of the rigamarole and not even get a human!

I had the same thing happen to me at Equifax last month.  Luckily, I fired off a email while I was on hold surfing through their phone system and not only got a hold of someone at that time (from my work phone), but they also called me back at my cell phone.  They actually did a full investigation and told me everything from IP addresses to everything they could find.  I hope EX does the same for you (if you can ever get their attention).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 27 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok, heres the update, tried updating op but it doesnt allow me to start after post;(.

Was at work and asked my coworker to call from his phone to see if it was my phone. Lol, nope, he and i kept hearing same system. While he was on his phone, i looked at all the numbers i had already called and picked one for the heck of it. Same system but listened for options and the second one said if you have a business etc and i said screw it why not?

Unbelievably i got an actual ring tone and a human voice say Experian.... Holy Fico! I told her my quick dilema and she said she would transfer me but it would be like 8-11 minutes. Before i could thank her i was hearing that annoying infomercials you get while on hold but it felt like a good hold as i prayed not to be disconnected.

9 minutes later i got an agent! Explained everything, my dilema, my concerns. Sure enough my change in pw last week was legit as they are rolling out new measures starting in Feb. Still no real clue what had happened but i for sure locked myself out of system yesterday. She sent me 3 emails to reset my account. Third was most important as it let me reset my password. I made sure my member # was in fact what i saw on a recent email. Got a text code to reset, saw my true cell and put in a new pw. Omg, so much stress released. Works! Set up new security phrase and pin, saw my Ex actually rose 11 points to 736.

So happy to report, for now looks like not hacked but what a crazy experience. I hope not have to try and contact again but at least when i did, they took care of it for me so im happy with that. Put a fraud alert on anyway , its already hit my Ex and TU after putting on the other day. For the know, i called 717 830 7000 and hit 2 for Business. Fastest connection to a human who can then transfer you if needed.

To those of you who took the time to show concern for me, many blessings, made me feel not so aloneSmiley Happy. Thanks to you guys/galsSmiley Happy AJCSmiley Happy
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!!! Glad you got it worked out AJC! Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh @ajc
I’m sure I speak for all when I say HALLELUJAH that you were finally able to connect to a live rep and get satisfaction. So happy too that you didn’t get disconnected while on hold and that there was NO fraud going on.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.