Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian not updated after a dispute

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Experian not updated after a dispute

My Experian report showed a late payment on an account, it was not late. I submitted an online dispute on it and later they came back saying they resolved the dispute and removed the late. However when I pull my report, it is still showing the late payment.

Is experian sometimes slow to update after they complete a dispute?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
WD2005
Contributor

Re: Experian not updated after a dispute

I'm in a similar situation. In my case they were reporting duplicate Capital One auto loans that were closed 12/2013. I disputed online and they came back with not only reporting the duplicate accounts but also adding a "Failed to Pay" for this past June. I called them and they removed the duplicate account but the FTP is still reporting. I called again and this time they initiated a dispute instead of removing it. I don't understand why they couldn't remove a FTP for 6/18 when the account closed on 12/13. We'll see I guess.

Message 2 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I called them up and they said oh you are right, we are going to get this deleted. But then they started a new dispute............. **bleep** it.

I wish it would just go away.

Message 3 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You might wish to send a formal complaint to the CFPB, as the CRA is clearly not in compliance with the FCRA.

To avoid issues such as yours after conclusion of a dispute, FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(ii) specifically requires that the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which must be sent within 5 business days after conclusion of the 30-day reinvestigation period, must include as part of its content a revised copy of your credit report showing that they have actually entered the correction/deletion into your file/report.

Since they have not done so, they are in clear violation of section 611(a)(6)(B)(ii).

A letter from the CFPB will get their immediate attention......

Message 4 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Thanks for that, if it is not cleared up from this dispute I will go that route.

Message 5 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Just got an update from Experian, says they corrected it. Report looks ok now, but not deleted like they said.

I am going to stay up way past midnight and pull a new report when it is free from Experian and see what it says. If same results im reporting them.

Message 6 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Still not updated.......... im pissed

Message 7 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I reported them.
Message 8 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

And it is finally resolved......... well I hope. EX got back to and said they are going to remove the late. Lets see if they actually do it this time.

Message 9 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The late was removed, score recovered like 60 points.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.