cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian still hasnt removed an old tax lien even after proof of payment and sol has run out!

tag
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Experian still hasnt removed an old tax lien even after proof of payment and sol has run out!

I can't even get a real person to talk to about it.
I sent in all the documentation they requested.
Experian is the only CRA that has this on my record.
It never was mine, it was my former spouses and it has been paid since 1998 by my former spouse.
What a pain in the butt.
Any ideas how to deal with this?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian still hasnt removed an old tax lien even after proof of payment and sol has run out!

Try 1 800 208 9232
Message 2 of 28
Beledona
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian still hasnt removed an old tax lien even after proof of payment and sol has run out!

Thanks for the phone number.
It still needed my recent credit report #
which when you pull it from myfico
doesn't have one.
Unless, I am missing it somehow.
I would think that since we are paying for the darn score
it would have a special number
that would be used as a report number
so you can dispute inaccuracies.
So now I have to wait until I get one sent through snail mail
and then (which I have to pay for also!)
I can call and dispute the item that isn't correct.

Any other solutions, something I am missing
that would help me to get a "real person" to talk with so I can get corrected?
Message 3 of 28
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Your MyFICO report should have an EX report number.
Message 4 of 28
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I called and got that report #. Then called Experian but it was a recording and basically trying to get me to buy another report. They only recoginze their own report Number, The number I got from myfico doesnt work.

I have spent the better part of my day (at work) trying to resolve this.  I really feel frustrated over this.
I sent all the info they requested and didnt get response.  I even tried to use the experian website report and they dont recognize their report number that was given.  Wow!

If so many people are experiencing this kind of problem with experian it makes you wonder how much they get away with.

If you have had a good experience with experian could you please tell me?

Message 5 of 28
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I decided to contact an attorney about this.  I am so tired of dealing with this.  I did the hoop jumping experian asked me to do.  With no results...  Maybe this will get their attention.  Hopefully this willtake care of it...
Message 6 of 28
Beledona
Regular Contributor

the attorney told me that even if this was my debt  the sol has run out. it shouldno longer be listed on my credit
Message 7 of 28
inzaghi
Valued Member

Just go their online dispute section and dispute the item..

They are pretty good abt it.I had a couple of items deleted a month before the SOL actually ran out...

http://www.experian.com/disputes/index.html
Message 8 of 28
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I attempted to do this several times.
 As of April 24th, 2007 they sent me my credit report saying it had been verified as of March 2007 and updated.  I then sent all the items they requested and have not heard back since.
Message 9 of 28
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Beledona wrote:
I attempted to do this several times.
 As of April 24th, 2007 they sent me my credit report saying it had been verified as of March 2007 and updated.  I then sent all the items they requested and have not heard back since.

Did you send CMRRR? If so they can easily say nothing was received.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.