Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian... *wags finger*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian... *wags finger*

Hi all. New here.

I've had some issues with my auto loan through HSBC but have been on track with payments on that loan for the last 12 months at least. My balance is now below 2K from a 9K start but HSBC is still showing as a negative account... what do I need to do to make it a positive account? Pay it off? I owe more to Sallie Mae and was in much worse shape with them and that account is positive. I seriously have not had a late payment on the car in over a year. In additon I'm paying more than the car payment monthly. Shouldn't that have helped or is this a mistake ?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian... *wags finger*

How late were you?
You need to call and find out why the account is negative.  Once you have that info. you can build your case for fixing it.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is terrible.  They sold one of my accounts after I made arrangements to start paying it off.  Now it is showing as two negatives on my credit report.  I tried everything I can to get it off of my report, but they wont budge.  I think this will be on my credit for the full seven years.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wayyyyyyy late. Woman Sad Car was repo'd in 2004. Paid the fee and got it back, have not missed or been late on a payment since. I'm just now noticing that it's not showing up under Positive accounts, it's as a negative.

Do I call experian, or HSBC?
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only people who can do anything in this case is HSBC
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be giving them a ringydingy. Thanks for the info!
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meh, they're blaming it on experian.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

WKOBSIT?!?!  whoops! excuse my colourful language.

Did you talk to a supervisor?  Cause I can't understand how it's experian's fault?  They are reporting the account as delinquent. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC said they report monthly whether a payment is on time or late, and experian is responsible for rating the account as positive or negative based on how many times I paid late and how many days late I was.

I'm saying I've been ontime for heaven knows how long, how much longer until this account shows as positive.

I also think it had something to do with the repo fees that were rolled into the loan. That balance showed up every month, they said I didn't have to pay on it until the end but it still showed up. I'll have to look into this further and call them back or get experian involved.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well getting to the root of the problem is key. 

Good luck and keep the forum posted.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.