Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO China?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO China?

That's helpful to know.  I'm guessing you may be military?  For those of us who are not military, are there any options?

If someone takes a position for a year as an expat, I'm taking it their cards would be cancelled when they gave an updated address.  I'm wondering what to do with online subscriptions and such.  And it looks like rewards are out the window.  

Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I just notified my creditors of a change in correspondence address, using my son's address rather than a PO box, which by its nature is not a residency address.

Their are no conditions in my credit agreements that require notice of a temporary residency address.

I pay my bills and manage my accounts on-line.

I have had no problems, and my accounts are all active.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's helpful to know.  I'm guessing you may be military?  For those of us who are not military, are there any options?

If someone takes a position for a year as an expat, I'm taking it their cards would be cancelled when they gave an updated address.  I'm wondering what to do with online subscriptions and such.  And it looks like rewards are out the window.  

You must have a US address, but it could well be a relatives or a friends.  Even a PO box is ok.  But without a US mailing address the credit card companies cannot report your history to the CRA since -- and I have been over this many times with each CRA -- they will not accept a foreign address.

Rewards?  Not so fast!  My absolutely favorite card is Discover when in Asia.  Almost all of my other cards either have no rewards or else an international transaction fee, but Discover has no international transaction fee and does have rewards.  Few people realize it, but Discover is THE most accepted international credit card in Greater China, Japan and, indeed, pretty much the rest of Asia.  They have all the others beat by a thousand miles.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.