cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO SCORES Compared to what Lenders see

tag
Valued Member

FICO SCORES Compared to what Lenders see

Hey guys I recently applied for a CITI World Mastercard, and I also applied for a USAA auto loan, I requested 25,000 from USAA. Well I didn't get a response yet from CITI Bank but USAA approved my request with an apr of 5.99% anyway I decided to ask the representative what was the score they got compared to what I see here on myFICO. She said they pulled a 727 from my Equifax, when I applied for the loan myFICO was reporting my EQ as 712. So it's in the ball park but there's still a variance of 15 points. Not sure if I want to completely trust the scores given from myFICO I mean it's close but that could have easily been 15 negative points. I'll update this post when I receive a response from CITI Bank. I've been denied by them before. Even with a 700+ score. But I'll take a different approach.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: FICO SCORES Compared to what Lenders see

Was that a FICO or an AutoAdjusted FICO?

(see CS101)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 11
Valued Member

Hey guys, thanks for the posts. I'll go ahead and say that was my auto adjusted fico. Of course I didn't bother to ask but I'm sure the service rep would have told me the comparisons, as she volunteered plenty of vital info for me. So I guess I'll try and get whatever scores I can get out of CITI bank if they approve or deny me. I'm just curious to see how close myFICO is to what lenders see so I can feel more confident about my financial state. I hate feeling unsure about things.
Message 4 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck. Be sure to post up the differences. I am always intersted in comparing auto and classic scores.
Message 5 of 11
Valued Member

Update---- I was approved for a CLI with my only credit card from Chase. I really hate them, I got a $500.00 increase after asking for 1k. My limit before that was 200. They e mailed me saying they would mail me reasons why they could only partially approve my request. My scores have only gone up since then, EX 730 TU 734 EQ 716 I mean what more do they need? And still no response from the AAdvantage Master Card I spoke of a few days ago. Hey by the way I called USAA back on the auto loan they said it wasn't an autoadjusted score it was just my FICO score which it was exactly 726 and thats my middle score. So at least I got one good thing, that I can totally trust the scores I receive from MYFICO. I'll post again when I get a response from the Mastercard.
Message 6 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Jontevius wrote:
Update---- I was approved for a CLI with my only credit card from Chase. I really hate them, I got a $500.00 increase after asking for 1k. My limit before that was 200. They e mailed me saying they would mail me reasons why they could only partially approve my request.

Did they do a hard pull?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 11
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I have this issue all the time when a lender pulls my TU score Right now its 595 according to MyFico however it can be as low as 541 which by the was was my TU FAKO. It makes for a fun time when trying to recon because alot of lenders wont even consider they MyFico score because they didnt pull it. I personally would love to see 1 standard score through 1 entity.
Message 8 of 11
Valued Member

Did they do a hard pull?

Yes midnight it was a hard pull. I'm just really curious to see why I couldn't be granted the full 1k. The pulled my Experian which is a 730, and it had to be higher than that before the hard inquiry. And I've been with chase for about 2 years. Any suggestions on what I might can do to push for the higher limit? I'm still waiting on the partial approval letter.
Message 9 of 11
Valued Member

I have this issue all the time when a lender pulls my TU score Right now its 595 according to MyFico however it can be as low as 541 which by the was was my TU FAKO. It makes for a fun time when trying to recon because alot of lenders wont even consider they MyFico score because they didnt pull it. I personally would love to see 1 standard score through 1 entity.

Wow it seems to me you're banking with that other 10% of lenders that don't use FICO scores to determine your elgibility for credit. Might I ask which lenders have you tried in your many times of experience seeking for credit did you apply? Because I've never ran across a lender who didn't pull my FICO Scores. 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.