cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes

joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021

 

 


@Birdman7 wrote:

@joeyv1985 well if you got an American Express in November, you're good, there won't be a scorecard change yet. I'll look forward to your data points! Congratulations it sounds like you're making nice progress!


Helllo Birdman, 

 

My car loan finally reported PIF and it dropped my FICO 8's 9-18pts across all reports. CL increased $1500 to $33,500 and I show a $21 balance on my Revolvers(sans my AMEX Plat showing $650) using the AZEO method. Mortgage, opened in May 2019, is the only installment loan open. No lates. Not sure why the net result would be an increase of my resilience score going up 4 pts to 60. Also my 3B report shows  that an HP fell off.

Message 951 of 1,053
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021


@joeyv1985 wrote:

My car loan finally reported PIF and it dropped my FICO 8's 9-18pts across all reports. CL increased $1500 to $33,500 and I show a $21 balance on my Revolvers(sans my AMEX Plat showing $650) using the AZEO method. Mortgage, opened in May 2019, is the only installment loan open. No lates. Not sure why the net result would be an increase of my resilience score going up 4 pts to 60. Also my 3B report shows  that an HP fell off.


I think you lost 4 points due to the change in Credit Mix from your auto loan reporting as closed.

28 FICO Scores + FICO RESilience Index + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of Resilience: EQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard (59 People!)

Message 952 of 1,053
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021

Agree. How long before I get those 4 pts back you think?

Message 953 of 1,053
CassieCard
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021


@joeyv1985 wrote:

Agree. How long before I get those 4 pts back you think?


You're already getting the maximum on balances with that low dollar value at AZEO, so I guess all that's left is aging. Or maybe crossing some mortgage balance threshold that's unique to this score.

 

I really can't say where the aging thresholds are for this score.

28 FICO Scores + FICO RESilience Index + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of Resilience: EQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard (59 People!)

Message 954 of 1,053
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021

Gotcha. Since the car loan is out of the way, I'm just going to put extra $ towards my mortgage principal. In fact, my next payment isn't due until May. So I'm a little ahead. As far as accounts aging, I have all the cards I need and 3 have crossed the 1 year mark. The Amex Plat hits the 1 year mark in November/December. I'm just going to do a little gardening going forward. 

Message 955 of 1,053
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021


@joeyv1985 wrote:

 

 


@Birdman7 wrote:

@joeyv1985 well if you got an American Express in November, you're good, there won't be a scorecard change yet. I'll look forward to your data points! Congratulations it sounds like you're making nice progress!


Helllo Birdman, 

 

My car loan finally reported PIF and it dropped my FICO 8's 9-18pts across all reports. CL increased $1500 to $33,500 and I show a $21 balance on my Revolvers(sans my AMEX Plat showing $650) using the AZEO method. Mortgage, opened in May 2019, is the only installment loan open. No lates. Not sure why the net result would be an increase of my resilience score going up 4 pts to 60. Also my 3B report shows  that an HP fell off.


@joeyv1985 Hi, thank you for coming back with the data points. Could you please tell me the before and after aggregate loan utilization? (Or I can calculate it if you give me the original mortgage and car loan balances and the current mortgage balance and the last car loan balance before payoff.)

 

also you just mentioned the AMEX platinum. Can you please clarify the card you recently got, did you say November 2020, was it a open-ended chargecard or a revolver? Trying to determine the age of your youngest account and the age of your youngest Revolver? (My previous statement was assuming it was a Revolver from 11/20.)

 

also if it was a charge card it would be great to see if that did cause Scorecard change. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 956 of 1,053
sarge12
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021

With lower scores indicating resilience, I just realised something amazing. I was a very resilient student in highschool.

TU fico08=831 03/29/21
EX fico08=830 04/13/21
EQ fico09=840 04/01/21
EX fico09=828 04/03/21
EQ fico bankcard08=858 03/23/21
TU Fico Bankcard 08=862 03/29/21
EQ NG1 fico=802 01/21/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 957 of 1,053
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021


@Birdman7 wrote:

@joeyv1985 wrote:

 

 


@Birdman7 wrote:

@joeyv1985 well if you got an American Express in November, you're good, there won't be a scorecard change yet. I'll look forward to your data points! Congratulations it sounds like you're making nice progress!


Helllo Birdman, 

 

My car loan finally reported PIF and it dropped my FICO 8's 9-18pts across all reports. CL increased $1500 to $33,500 and I show a $21 balance on my Revolvers(sans my AMEX Plat showing $650) using the AZEO method. Mortgage, opened in May 2019, is the only installment loan open. No lates. Not sure why the net result would be an increase of my resilience score going up 4 pts to 60. Also my 3B report shows  that an HP fell off.


@joeyv1985 Hi, thank you for coming back with the data points. Could you please tell me the before and after aggregate loan utilization? (Or I can calculate it if you give me the original mortgage and car loan balances and the current mortgage balance and the last car loan balance before payoff.)

 

also you just mentioned the AMEX platinum. Can you please clarify the card you recently got, did you say November 2020, was it a open-ended chargecard or a revolver? Trying to determine the age of your youngest account and the age of your youngest Revolver? (My previous statement was assuming it was a Revolver from 11/20.)

 

also if it was a charge card it would be great to see if that did cause Scorecard change. 


Hello Birdman,

 

The Amex Plat was a standard Charge card. Applied on 11/28/2021 and  got the card less than a week later. Here are my other cards

Capital One 10/15(Open Date),  $4K(CL),  $0 (Balance)

Citi DC 1/20, $14,000, $21

Citi AAD(In process of Switching to Citi Premier) 2/20, $10,500, $0

CSP 2/20, $5k, $0

 

Mortagage 5/19, $122,550, Current Balance: $118,187

Auto: 11/19, Loan $20,392, $638(Last reported Balance before PIF). The car was PIF in December, the $638 showed up in my 2/13 3B report. 

 

The car loan was actually a refi. The originial car loan was taken out Sept/Oct of 2017 @ 12% via Cap One. Refinanced in 11/19 with Wells Fargo, a baddy fell off in December of 2019 then my FICO's shot up. I wanted to stretch this out as much as possible but didn't want to continue to pay the high interest rates and I also wanted to establish a relationship with Wells Fargo Auto.  Oh well. Since the car loan is out of the way, I'm just going to put extra $ towards the mortgage principal. I have no need to open accounts for the next 2 years or so. 

Message 958 of 1,053
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021


@joeyv1985 wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

@joeyv1985 wrote:

 

 


@Birdman7 wrote:

@joeyv1985 well if you got an American Express in November, you're good, there won't be a scorecard change yet. I'll look forward to your data points! Congratulations it sounds like you're making nice progress!


Helllo Birdman, 

 

My car loan finally reported PIF and it dropped my FICO 8's 9-18pts across all reports. CL increased $1500 to $33,500 and I show a $21 balance on my Revolvers(sans my AMEX Plat showing $650) using the AZEO method. Mortgage, opened in May 2019, is the only installment loan open. No lates. Not sure why the net result would be an increase of my resilience score going up 4 pts to 60. Also my 3B report shows  that an HP fell off.


@joeyv1985 Hi, thank you for coming back with the data points. Could you please tell me the before and after aggregate loan utilization? (Or I can calculate it if you give me the original mortgage and car loan balances and the current mortgage balance and the last car loan balance before payoff.)

 

also you just mentioned the AMEX platinum. Can you please clarify the card you recently got, did you say November 2020, was it a open-ended chargecard or a revolver? Trying to determine the age of your youngest account and the age of your youngest Revolver? (My previous statement was assuming it was a Revolver from 11/20.)

 

also if it was a charge card it would be great to see if that did cause Scorecard change. 


Hello Birdman,

 

The Amex Plat was a standard Charge card. Applied on 11/28/2021 and  got the card less than a week later. Here are my other cards

Capital One 10/15(Open Date),  $4K(CL),  $0 (Balance)

Citi DC 1/20, $14,000, $21

Citi AAD(In process of Switching to Citi Premier) 2/20, $10,500, $0

CSP 2/20, $5k, $0

 

Mortagage 5/19, $122,550, Current Balance: $118,187

Auto: 11/19, Loan $20,392, $638(Last reported Balance before PIF). The car was PIF in December, the $638 showed up in my 2/13 3B report. 

 

The car loan was actually a refi. The originial car loan was taken out Sept/Oct of 2017 @ 12% via Cap One. Refinanced in 11/19 with Wells Fargo, a baddy fell off in December of 2019 then my FICO's shot up. I wanted to stretch this out as much as possible but didn't want to continue to pay the high interest rates and I also wanted to establish a relationship with Wells Fargo Auto.  Oh well. Since the car loan is out of the way, I'm just going to put extra $ towards the mortgage principal. I have no need to open accounts for the next 2 years or so. 


@joeyv1985 you are in the unique position to resolve whether a charge card causes new account segmentation for version 8/9. Can you please list your negative Reason Codes for 8/9?

 

Once time has passed if you don't open any new accounts we would also be able to resolve that question for 5/4/2. 

 

i'll return with any thing I determine after I calculate the utilization. 

@joeyv1985 your loan utilization went from 83% to 96% and you said you lost from 9 to 18 points. I don't know if we can draw any firm conclusions from that as there have been some reported Thresholds in between there, but that does seem a little high. 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 959 of 1,053
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - February 6, 2021

 
Message 960 of 1,053
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.