mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - January 16, 2021

@Anonymous wrote:

. . . otherwise break out that calculator and start crunching! Lol

EQ       TU       EX

AoOA  6.50 yr  8.83 yr  6.50 yr

AAoA  3.93 yr  4.74 yr  4.52 yr

I don't have Excell to run the workbook. (I know I should. I did. And I know there are free programs I can get to simulate it. Haven't gotten around to it. It's on my list.) But just listing everything by the opening dates and averaging them is not difficult. Keeping it up to date without a program to update it each month so I don't have to go add 1 to every number is something I'd definitely want Excell (or similar) for.

But a lot of these are the same loan that kept getting renewed. Consumer finance loans with 80-something% APR. Smiley Surprised You pay for a couple months and they call and say "I have $800 for you." And if you accept, that ends up being a new loan, with the old balance rolled into it. Each one shows up as a separate account. I understand that "consumer finance" loans within the last couple years can hurt your score, but I had so many, and going so far back, that they seem to be padding my numbers in oldest accounts and average age.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 852 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgood wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

. . . otherwise break out that calculator and start crunching! Lol

EQ       TU       EX

AoOA  6.50 yr  8.83 yr  6.50 yr

AAoA  3.93 yr  4.74 yr  4.52 yr

I don't have Excell to run the workbook. (I know I should. I did. And I know there are free programs I can get to simulate it. Haven't gotten around to it. It's on my list.) But just listing everything by the opening dates and averaging them is not difficult. Keeping it up to date without a program to update it each month so I don't have to go add 1 to every number is something I'd definitely want Excell (or similar) for.

But a lot of these are the same loan that kept getting renewed. Consumer finance loans with 80-something% APR. Smiley Surprised You pay for a couple months and they call and say "I have $800 for you." And if you accept, that ends up being a new loan, with the old balance rolled into it. Each one shows up as a separate account. I understand that "consumer finance" loans within the last couple years can hurt your score, but I had so many, and going so far back, that they seem to be padding my numbers in oldest accounts and average age.

@mgood I should've mentioned this earlier, & you may already be aware, but whenever you average the open dates, you consider each opened as of the first of the month in the month it was opened. So just wanted to make sure that you knew & did that. 

You are in mature scorecard when clean. I assume you're already aware of the negative affects of CFAs and of continually opening new accounts? Yes, that's a shame that APR as well, hopefully you have gotten away from that now. 

Message 853 of 1,094
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I should've mentioned this earlier, & you may already be aware, but whenever you average the open dates, you consider each opened as of the first of the month in the month it was opened. So just wanted to make sure that you knew & did that. 

You are in mature scorecard when clean. I assume you're already aware of the negative affects of CFAs and of continually opening new accounts? Yes, that's a shame that APR as well, hopefully you have gotten away from that now. 

I did not know about considering them open the first of the month, but that's how I was figuring it because I don't know the exact date on most of them.

Mature scorecard, just realizing that. Just heard about the different scorecards recently. Clean, unless the CFAs are unclean. No negatives after the 30-day late went bye-bye last month. And yes, the CFA's are in the past and I'm not planning to go back that direction.

All the simulations say that if I just pay down my utilization, my scores will be in the 780s. I'm working on that.

And I didn't mean to derail this thread.

Message 854 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgood wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I should've mentioned this earlier, & you may already be aware, but whenever you average the open dates, you consider each opened as of the first of the month in the month it was opened. So just wanted to make sure that you knew & did that. 

I did not know about considering them open the first of the month, but that's how I was figuring it because I don't know the exact date on most of them.

Mature scorecard, just realizing that. Just heard about the different scorecards recently. Clean, unless the CFAs are unclean. No negatives after the 30-day late went bye-bye last month. And yes, the CFA's are in the past and I'm not planning to go back that direction.

All the simulations say that if I just pay down my utilization, my scores will be in the 780s. I'm working on that.

This thread went off the tracks a loooooooong time ago (months)! LOL So you're good!

I've said similar to this to @Anonymous before....I think your file with the CFAs is probably holding a lot of interesting data that could help a lot of people.

I told him that I thought the parts of the Primer devoted to delinquencies and collections would be the most popular, since a lot of people come here in the rebuilding phase.  CFAs are another big one a lot of people have questions about, like aging, when they fall off, what loans get classified as CFA, etc. That last one is so unpredictable, it seems.

Message 855 of 1,094
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mgood wrote:

This thread went off the tracks a loooooooong time ago (months)! LOL So you're good!

Like a kid faking his way through a book report, I read the first page and the last page Smiley Tongue

Message 856 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgood wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mgood No, a CFA does not make you dirty, so you would be clean/thick?/mature/?, I guess, and you're right, you should start another thread. I apologize as well! Just page me in the new thread!

Message 857 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of y’all responded before I even saw it LOL!
Message 858 of 1,094
mrsgrits
Established Member

Hey all. Hope all is well... And since we are off the rails here (ha ha!) I am counting down the days 'til Feb 01 for our next 3B...I was at 57 plus 2 flags and DH was 32 with no flags...Family FICO. Saw the in-between convos and need to see what else I need to report aside from AAOA, balances, scores and whatnot... A lot has happened...2 quick stories though...1 did an online dispute with Experian and 2 lates removed yay! Yes they were incorrect...for the record...still will need to wait until Aug for all lates to fall off...29 pts...and 2 with the current cfa with prosper...called yesterday to ask about why updates haven't been done...expired app and so forth...told them they didn't report to cb last month and they said due to holidays and they said I may need to put in a ticket (whatever)...did their survey afterwards and told them about how they were able to do 2 account reviews and no other (mandatory) updates and lo and behold they have finally updated today.. So let me know...going to see how long his 32 holds...now that his scores are better...thanks for reading!!
Deleted...
Message 859 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsgrits wrote:
 Saw the in-between convos and need to see what else I need to report aside from AAOA, balances, scores and whatnot...

Oh really @mrsgrits , just the score and flags were always good enough. Whatever else you want to provide on top of that is up to you! This is all very casual.

I usually just post the snapshot of mine and forget to put EQ8 and my credit history length. (Sure, it's in my signature at the time of post, but that changes every month and won't match the old posts.)

It will be interesting to see how those lates dropping off affect your Resilience score. A VP of scores at FICO said dirty vs. clean is not as a much of a factor with this score, so it might not change the score at all. People with several derogatories have gotten some of the best scores we've seen - certainly better than the scores I've been able to achieve with a clean file from the start (3yrs 1mo ago).

Message 860 of 1,094
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.