cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes

Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes


@Anonymous wrote:

My update for May 2021. No change.

  • EQ 8 761 on a CLEAN file with 4 open bankcards (MC/VISA/AMEX/DISCOVER, no retail) and 1 closed SSL (Shared Secure Loan)
  • EQFRI Adjusted EQ AUTO 8 Score: 703 (-43pts from 746)
  • 5% to 4% aggregate
  • -$428 aggregate balance
  • 4-of-4 accounts with balances to 3-of-4

But 24 FICO scores are up anywhere from +2 to +20 and I gained +7 on my middle mortgage score (now 748).

And I got a Ruby

ruby.png

(1yr 3mo since any inquiry) for the first time in my 3yr5mo total credit file history. (2yr5mo with credit cards.)

 

eq_fico_resilience_index_may_2021.png


@Anonymous i'm thinking you may see something at 30 months. 

-Scoring wisdom: Credit Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
Anonymous’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.




(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1071 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes


@Birdman7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My update for May 2021. No change.

  • EQ 8 761 on a CLEAN file with 4 open bankcards (MC/VISA/AMEX/DISCOVER, no retail) and 1 closed SSL (Shared Secure Loan)
  • EQFRI Adjusted EQ AUTO 8 Score: 703 (-43pts from 746)
  • 5% to 4% aggregate
  • -$428 aggregate balance
  • 4-of-4 accounts with balances to 3-of-4

But 24 FICO scores are up anywhere from +2 to +20 and I gained +7 on my middle mortgage score (now 748).

And I got a Ruby

ruby.png

(1yr 3mo since any inquiry) for the first time in my 3yr5mo total credit file history. (2yr5mo with credit cards.)

 


@Anonymous i'm thinking you may see something at 30 months. 


Me too. Smiley Happy Only goin' up from here!

 

Peak FICO 8 scores might be around 775 on this scorecard which may go up to AAoA 3yr0mo, or February 2022 for me. ( I can't hit 800 without the SSL trick - I lost 30pts when that reported closed back in January 2019.)

 

That was quite an unexpected gain in points at AAoA 1yr6mo when all CRAs shifted to FAIR from POOR on "Credit History Length". I'm thinking there's going to be a shift from FAIR to GOOD at AAoA 3yr0mo along with some positive score changes.

Message 1072 of 1,094
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes


@Anonymous wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My update for May 2021. No change.

  • EQ 8 761 on a CLEAN file with 4 open bankcards (MC/VISA/AMEX/DISCOVER, no retail) and 1 closed SSL (Shared Secure Loan)
  • EQFRI Adjusted EQ AUTO 8 Score: 703 (-43pts from 746)
  • 5% to 4% aggregate
  • -$428 aggregate balance
  • 4-of-4 accounts with balances to 3-of-4

But 24 FICO scores are up anywhere from +2 to +20 and I gained +7 on my middle mortgage score (now 748).

And I got a Ruby

ruby.png

(1yr 3mo since any inquiry) for the first time in my 3yr5mo total credit file history. (2yr5mo with credit cards.)

 


@Anonymous i'm thinking you may see something at 30 months. 


Me too. Smiley Happy Only goin' up from here!

 

Peak FICO 8 scores might be around 775 on this scorecard which may go up to AAoA 3yr0mo, or February 2022 for me. ( I can't hit 800 without the SSL trick - I lost 30pts when that reported closed back in January 2019.)

 

That was quite an unexpected gain in points at AAoA 1yr6mo when all CRAs shifted to FAIR from POOR on "Credit History Length". I'm thinking there's going to be a shift from FAIR to GOOD at AAoA 3yr0mo along with some positive score changes.


@Anonymous you're on a mature card, I don't think it has a peak other than 850. You just need age.

-Scoring wisdom: Credit Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
Anonymous’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.




(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1073 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes


@Birdman7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

 

Peak FICO 8 scores might be around 775 on this scorecard which may go up to AAoA 3yr0mo, or February 2022 for me.


@Anonymous you're on a mature card, I don't think it has a peak other than 850. You just need age.


I should have said 'bin'. I still think that's what's happening on the C8 card. Sub-binning - a very common term in data analytics.

 

Because others with much more age aren't experiencing what I am down here at the low end of total credit history. I have no idea if that's happening per-characteristic and influencing other characteristics, or just a general x-year wide bin weighting.

Message 1074 of 1,094
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes


@Anonymous wrote:

@Birdman7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

 

Peak FICO 8 scores might be around 775 on this scorecard which may go up to AAoA 3yr0mo, or February 2022 for me.


@Anonymous you're on a mature card, I don't think it has a peak other than 850. You just need age.


I should have said 'bin'. I still think that's what's happening on the C8 card. Sub-binning - a very common term in data analytics.

 

Because others with much more age aren't experiencing what I am down here at the low end of total credit history. I have no idea if that's happening per-characteristic and influencing other characteristics, or just a general x-year wide bin weighting.


@Anonymous Totally agree and bin is the proper term. In other words the maximum base score you can reach at a particular time. I think it's probably not per characteristic, but per length of history category, but I could be wrong. I'm just guessing. 

-Scoring wisdom: Credit Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
Anonymous’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.




(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1075 of 1,094
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes

Figure the length of history category has 82.5 points typically.
-Scoring wisdom: Credit Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
Anonymous’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.




(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1076 of 1,094
LaHossBoss
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes

@Anonymous @Birdman7 

 

Now that SO has 7 actively reporting/open SLs:

 

 

5/26/215/26/21

No red flags now that SO is in the "resilient" range.

 

EQ is lowest F8 score at 661

 

7 Open installment loans

4 Open revolving accounts (including 1 AU)

 

3 Closed installment loans (2 are COs)

1 Closed Revolving account

 

Util:

18% aggregate ($2422 owed)

69% individual

1% individual

0% individual

2% individual (AU)

 

Per MyFico:

AAoA 8y 3m 

AoOA 16y 11m

 

Edit:

HP: 0/12, 1/24

New Accounts: 3/12, 6/24 (including 1 AU and 1 installment loan)




Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 550 | TU 498 | EX 505
Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 651] [F9 651] [EQ5 684] [VS3 630] | TU [F8 717] [F9 692] [TU4 723] [VS3 639] | EX [F8 718] [F9 673] [EX2 681] [VS3 675]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

SO Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 502 | TU 484 | EX 521
SO Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 661] [F9 622] [EQ5 677] [VS3 646] | TU [F8 705] [F9 673] [TU4 639] [VS3 627] [VS4 666] | EX [F8 719] [F9 708] [EX2 679] [VS3 665]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge



Message 1077 of 1,094
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - Wednesday, May 26, 2021

[DELETED] Moved here.

Message 1078 of 1,094
Birdman7
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Score Stress Indicators/Indexes


@LaHossBoss wrote:

@Anonymous @Birdman7 

 

Now that SO has 7 actively reporting/open SLs:

 

 

5/26/215/26/21

No red flags now that SO is in the "resilient" range.

 

EQ is lowest F8 score at 661

 

7 Open installment loans

4 Open revolving accounts (including 1 AU)

 

3 Closed installment loans (2 are COs)

1 Closed Revolving account

 

Util:

18% aggregate ($2422 owed)

69% individual

1% individual

0% individual

2% individual (AU)

 

Per MyFico:

AAoA 8y 3m 

AoOA 16y 11m

 

Edit:

HP: 0/12, 1/24

New Accounts: 3/12, 6/24 (including 1 AU and 1 installment loan)


interesting 👍🏻

-Scoring wisdom: Credit Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
Anonymous’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.




(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 1079 of 1,094
babygirl1256
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ FICO Resilience Index Leaderboard - Friday, May 28, 2021

Wow . . . a lot of information, great presentation and very well organized!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 1080 of 1,094
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.