Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores 760 and above

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO scores 760 and above

@migliogiorni wrote:

For those with scores of 760 and above, how long did it take to reach this? AAOA I imagine 0 to 1 inq's

needed.

It took a very long time but I had a BK in there.  Inquiries aren't as big of a deal when you have built up your credit.

It's not just time.  Payment history is 100%.  Utilization is ~12%.  Oldest account is 16 years old.  Not sure on AAoA but it should be over 6 years.  Most of my cards have balances reporting (maybe 2 out 10 do not).  I do have student loans with very low balances and two auto loans.  No current mortgage.

Message 11 of 24
Stylez
Valued Member

I have 6 accounts with a derogatory history, one collection, and a judgement. However, my collection is $45 is paid, and is from almost 4 years ago, and my judgement was from a car accident, is satisfied and is two years old. I haven't had a late payment in over 3.5 years, my utilization is 8%, my credit history goes back 14 years, 7 year AA0A, and no inquiries. My score that I pulled here is 774. Last year my score on here was 679. I think the key is to have all of your accounts be current, have little or no inquiries, a low utilization, and your latest derogatory item(if you have any) should be at least 2 years old.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ 800 EX 800 & TU 810 FICO. 1-3 inquiries over two years.13 years in history. AAoA of 5 years. One new card in last six months. Utilization at 4% (best scores come at 1% for my credit file).
Message 13 of 24
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

For those with scores of 760 and above, how long did it take to reach this? AAOA I imagine 0 to 1 inq's

needed.

As you can see the numbers are varied but here are some common numbers of FICO High Achievers. I got this information from my credit pull of 10/21.

* About 96% of FICO High Achievers have not missed payments at all. But of those who do, the missed payment happened nearly 4 years ago, on average. I have none.

* Utilization on average is less than 6%. Mine is consistently 1%.

* On average FICO High Achievers opened their oldest account 25 years ago. 26 years for me.

* Most FICO High Achievers have an AAoA of 11 years or more. Mine is nine years.

* FICO High Achievers have an average of 3 credit accounts carrying a balance. I usually have only three.

I must be some freaky fico anomaly. My AAoA is 1yr 3 months, I screwed up my credit and about 10 years ago (maybe a bit more) we set about fixing it, my score was right around 600 then. We paid every debt from my youth off and then I just ignored my credit. I opened a bank account and debit card but didn't add a credit card until 2011. My oldest account is 3 years 3 months...yet go figure, I have fabulous scores?

I have a balance of maybe $30 on one card currently and $20 on another, but I really don't track my statement dates and just pay everything early. I guess I'm doing something FICO likes for my score to be higher then many people with 20 year histories. BTW I got my first card when I was 19, that was closed about 3 years after I got it as were others, I was terribly irresponsible in my youth, but now that I'm in my 40's, I PIF and haven't had even one late payment, not on my cards or my personal bills.

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 14 of 24
aav
Established Contributor

* No missed payments In 8 years

* 6% Utilization and dropping

* 16 years for oldest account 

* 6 years AAoA 

* 3-4 credit accounts carrying a balance. 

We closed all credit cards about 8 years ago and only in the last 2 years jumped back in. That and paying installment loans (student/personal loan) made scores jumped.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

757 FICO from Discover, took 18 months. 8 inquiries, true AAOA 14 months, CK dislaying 3 yrs 1 mo because of AU account.

Message 16 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

@wmweeza wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

needed.

As you can see the numbers are varied but here are some common numbers of FICO High Achievers. I got this information from my credit pull of 10/21.

* About 96% of FICO High Achievers have not missed payments at all. But of those who do, the missed payment happened nearly 4 years ago, on average. I have none.

* Utilization on average is less than 6%. Mine is consistently 1%.

* On average FICO High Achievers opened their oldest account 25 years ago. 26 years for me.

* Most FICO High Achievers have an AAoA of 11 years or more. Mine is nine years.

* FICO High Achievers have an average of 3 credit accounts carrying a balance. I usually have only three.

I must be some freaky fico anomaly. My AAoA is 1yr 3 months, I screwed up my credit and about 10 years ago (maybe a bit more) we set about fixing it, my score was right around 600 then. We paid every debt from my youth off and then I just ignored my credit. I opened a bank account and debit card but didn't add a credit card until 2011. My oldest account is 3 years 3 months...yet go figure, I have fabulous scores?

I have a balance of maybe $30 on one card currently and $20 on another, but I really don't track my statement dates and just pay everything early. I guess I'm doing something FICO likes for my score to be higher then many people with 20 year histories. BTW I got my first card when I was 19, that was closed about 3 years after I got it as were others, I was terribly irresponsible in my youth, but now that I'm in my 40's, I PIF and haven't had even one late payment, not on my cards or my personal bills.

Are you sure you don't have one of your older credit accounts still reporting? 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

760 scores are not very hard to attain with clean reports in fico 08.
I have 2 760+ and 1 800+.
AAoA 2 years.
Oldest 8 years.
7 inquiries on EQ.
Utilization 1%
Inquiries do not play nearly as big of a part as people think.

Clean payment history and low utilization will net you big points. Then AAoA. If you're looking for max score focus should be here first.
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrible credit in my 20's, couldn't even get a store card anywhere, avoid anything credit related for about 10 years and become hyper-phobic of paying anything late. Now in my 30's. 11 months after gotten my first secured CC and I check my credit for the first time to see how bad it is. It was 755. I apped for AMEX BCP  and Discover on the spot and insta approved. My scores dipped about 50 points when the two new cards started reporting, now they are climbing again. But I'm plannin an app mini spree at the end of the month so in two years AAoA with be higher and inquires will fall off when I buy a house, I may initially dipp below 700 for a little while, but I'm ok with that. It's all for the end goal. 

Message 19 of 24
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Terrible credit in my 20's, couldn't even get a store card anywhere, avoid anything credit related for about 10 years and become hyper-phobic of paying anything late. Now in my 30's. 11 months after gotten my first secured CC and I check my credit for the first time to see how bad it is. It was 755. I apped for AMEX BCP  and Discover on the spot and insta approved. My scores dipped about 50 points when the two new cards started reporting, now they are climbing again. But I'm plannin an app mini spree at the end of the month so in two years AAoA with be higher and inquires will fall off when I buy a house, I may initially dipp below 700 for a little while, but I'm ok with that. It's all for the end goal. 

Very true.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.