cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO free credit score now ( Experian Bankcard 9 )

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

FNBO free credit score now ( Experian Bankcard 9 )

Just noticed that FNBO updated it's free credit score.

It is now "Experian Bankcard - 9"

10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO free credit score now ( Experian Bankcard 9 )

Ahh, yes I see that. No change in numbers for me.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For reasons I don't understand my Fico 9 Scores are lower than my Fico 8 scores. Beyond me and it has been that way since the Fico 9 score was introduced to my credit profile. Did notice that one poster has an older "oldest accounts" which may factory into it.

Message 3 of 11
Kforce
Valued Contributor

No change for me

Message 4 of 11
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

+8 points for me, but I cannot say for sure that the increase is solely a result of the score version change.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 11
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

FNBO Using FICO Bankcard 9

I just logged into my FNBO credit card portal FNBO (First National Bank of Omaha, dba First BankCard). They are now using the FICO 9 for their customer FICO score check as well as managing the account with it. We all know the FICO 9 score versions are typically much higher than the FICO 8 or other FICO versions. So that is good news! I have their low APR rate Platinum VISA and the M-Life Rewards cards with them. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 6 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: FNBO Using FICO Bankcard 9

@Dave4fun wrote:

...We all know the FICO 9 score versions are typically much higher than the FICO 8 or other FICO versions... 

For some people, this is true, particularly if they have negative credit information that isn't factored into (or not as heavily factored into) the scoring model.  There are a number of us with clean reports that have reported substantially lower FICO 09 scores than FICO 08.  On average, I think most people have reported seeing relatively equal or only slightly higher (rather than much higher) FICO 09 scores.

Message 7 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Yeah right,that's bs ,fico 9 is not always higher than fico8..I'm down around 40 to 50 points on fico9 .I hate it.
Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Dave4fun wrote:

I just logged into my FNBO credit card portal FNBO (First National Bank of Omaha, dba First BankCard). They are now using the FICO 9 for their customer FICO score check as well as managing the account with it. We all know the FICO 9 score versions are typically much higher than the FICO 8 or other FICO versions. So that is good news! I have their low APR rate Platinum VISA and the M-Life Rewards cards with them. 

That maybe true if one has medical collections as it ignores them but overall not true at all. My numbers are nearly the same for 8 as 9 on Bankcard score.

Message 9 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Banckcard 9 for me is slightly higher. The standard FICO 9 scoring is substantially higher than 8 for me, 19 to 25 points on average. Files are clean.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.