Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fako: Equifax Scores Jumped 42pts..hope that translates to Fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fako: Equifax Scores Jumped 42pts..hope that translates to Fico

I've been working hard to pay down bills and dispute lates/collections on my report. My Fico Eq jumped 25 pts last month and about 16 or so puts on TU Fako.  Wed, my Fako Eq and Ex jumped (EQ 16pts from 559 to 575- today it jumped to 617.

I've paid down several accounts- three are showing on EQ, had one dispute remove a 30day late from an account.

I expect it to increase even more when the other 4 accounts get updated.  My question is, is there any correclation between your scores on your Fako increasing and scores on your FICO increasing as a result?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fako: Equifax Scores Jumped 42pts..hope that translates to Fico

Technically no, but I hear more stories about FICOs being higher than FAKOs.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ FAKO and FICO are within 30 points of one another. FAKO is higher. YMMV. Some report a 100 point or more difference, but I find that to be the exception and not the rule.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah, do you find that true just for EX, or for all scores?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

daytona18 wrote:
Noah, do you find that true just for EX, or for all scores?

The FICOs I have for EX and TU are now about 6 weeks old, but my FICOs are current. However, at that time, I think the FAKOs were within about 10-20 of their FICO counterparts.
Message 5 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My FAKOs were all lower:EX 20, Eq 10 and TU 80
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, before this jump, my FICO Equifax was 617 or 619 while my Fako was 558 then 582 then 575 now 617. So, in my case, my FICO's were higher.

However, I was asking if you see an increase on your Fako scores can one surmise that the Fico will also increase due to the same change on the credit report?
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

As of yesterday all three of my Fico scores are 15-20 points higher than my FAKOs and its remained this way for several months.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.