cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faxing disputes work!!! Macys GW as well.

tag
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Faxing disputes work!!! Macys GW as well.

Faxing disputes actually do work!!!

I had a collection account with RJM that I PFD at the beginning of March but they weren’t going to report to delete the account until the first week of April.

I didn’t want to wait, some of you know the feeling haha.

I faxed the letter where RJM says they will request deletion of this account off my credit report to EX and TU. All I added was my name and SSN and to please delete this off my account with a big “THANK YOU!!.

I faxed it at 10AM  and by 4PM it was already gone from EX and TU in 2 days!  I was thrilled.

Now…..

I had a charge off account with Macys because they never updated my address and I was out of the country. It was sort of their fault and mine as well. I tried GW and spoke with a representative who was VERY rude ands she said  they would not re-instate my account or delete any of the information of my report.

Well guess what, I decided to try 1 more time. I spoke with a nice guy and he said he would remove all the derogatories off my account and it would show in good standing!! And the only reason that he could not reinstate the account is because there was a return check on my account- which I told him that’s not true. So after my account shows in good standing, I will write to macys and see about the check because I always paid in cash. If they don’t reinstate, I’ll just re-apply.

I got a secured card with BOFA…. It reported on my credit report even before getting the credit card. Truly amazing.

Also, I’ve noticed if you call close around closing time sometimes they’re very rude and unhelpful and sometimes they’ll do anything to get rid off you.

So yes, keep trying works!

I’ve had about 5 collections removed and 2 to 3 duplicate accounts and 1 account removed all the degoratories to OK payments.

If it wasn’t for myfico.com I’ll still be in the mid 400’s. which now I’m in the 590’s  and we’ll see how my score changes with 3 new accounts that are supposed to report this month.

I just feel relief to have all my debt paid and repairing my credit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Faxing disputes work!!! Macys GW as well.

grats!!

what fax numbers did you use?

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 2 of 3
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Re: Faxing disputes work!!! Macys GW as well.

Thanks! For EX 972-390-3838 and TU 610-546-4606
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.