Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Tax Lien

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Federal Tax Lien

@sjt wrote:

With all the changes due to the National Consumer Assistance Plan, Im hoping that the CRA will revise their tax lien reporting policies.

Now that my tax lien is reporting till late 2018 I hope so too.

Absolutely no lender I've talked to has ever asked me about my paid tax lien, and I've talked to a bunch; if lenders don't care, neither should the bureaus or anyone else.  I did it, I own it, and I get they're supposed to hurt, but this sort of irrational.

        
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My tax lien is only on TU. I hope these changes come
About soon also. TU is the only odd ball it seems when it comes to these tax liens. I had my federal removed on all 3
With the 12277 form. The state liens on the other hand are a lot harder to get off
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a federal tax lien also from 2007.   It was paid in full in 2016.   Irs gave me release letter and registry says paid.  But IRS refused my application for withdrawal.   I called the lady who refused it  and she said there has to be some benefit to the IRS not just for my benefit.   Im am so ugly.  

Message 13 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a federal tax lien also from 2007.   It was paid in full in 2016.   Irs gave me release letter and registry says paid.  But IRS refused my application for withdrawal.   I called the lady who refused it  and she said there has to be some benefit to the IRS not just for my benefit.   Im am so ugly.  

What was the reason you gave them for the request for withdrawal?

Have you spoken with a tax advocate about this?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 16
rockup55
Contributor

My Federal Tax Lien has now dropped off for all Reporting.  My scores for all reporting agencies has now propel me for the first time into  the 800 club as all baddies are now gone.  I filed Chapter 13 in 2007 and was discharged in 2011.  Many thanks  to all the useful tips from many different contributors on this board,  This forum is truly a valuable credit rebuilding venue.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though IRS wouldnt remove my Lien showing paid.  I was able to send letter to the two credit bureaus who showed it and they both removed it to my reports getting me up to 700's.     It would have fallen off in a year or little less anyways i beleive as it was 9 yrs + old. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.