Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling angry and betrayed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling angry and betrayed

Last month I received a letter from a collection agency call Medical Data based out of Alabama. I called them and they told me what hospital the account was from. I called the hospital and verified that indeed the account is mine. I called the collection agency and made a plan for them to take out $50 every month. I paid the $50 and I was left with a balance of &370. Yesterday morning, I got an alert of a new collection on my account. My mouth hit the floor when I realized that it's from the company I made an arrangement with. I called and this evil woman told me that it doesn't matter what plan I made and there is nothing I can do.

I asked to speak to a supervisor but she hung up on me. I called back and another lady told me that it was a mistake on their end because she is reading the arrangement that was made. She promised to have it removed within 10 business days. Seeing my scores drop that fast and the way the First Lady talked to me made me so mad. What should I do next? My husband called and paid off the remaining $370 because he saw how upset I was. I have no written proof of this arrangement except that $50 was taken out of my card back in June when I made the arrangement. Please help. I know she promised it will be removed but I can't trust them.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Feeling angry and betrayed

When you entered into the payment plan agreement, was there also an agreement not to report their collection as long as payments were made?

Absent such an agreement, they are permitted to report their collection.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling angry and betrayed

I'm learning that the hard way. I am so green at this. I hope they keep their promise.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.