Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico monitoring

I have been reading posts on myfico for a few months now and have seen some signatures that show updates to their EQ and TU scores monthly and quarterly. Which service is everyone signed up with? Are you signed up with more than one?

What would someone recommend for me if I'm rebuilding my credit and want to see my scores regularly.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brother7
Established Contributor

Re: Fico monitoring

I signed up for Score Watch and Quarterly Monitoring on this site.  Score Watch allows me to monitor my EQ score continuously.  I'm notified via email and text message if it ever changes.  Quarterly Monitoring allows me to monitor my TU score, but only every 3 months.

I wouldn't trust any other source besides myFICO.com for official FICO scores.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
brownee
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure there is a monitoring service that someone will come along and tell you about, but I just buy my scores every so often....
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have free monitoring of EQ from AAA but it doesn't update me with scores. All I really want is to find out what service I can use to that allows me fico score updates.

I read threads about Credit Check Total, but I think those are fako scores and not fico scores. Anyone know if that's true?

Message 3 of 7
brother7
Established Contributor

I signed up for Score Watch and Quarterly Monitoring on this site.  Score Watch allows me to monitor my EQ score continuously.  I'm notified via email and text message if it ever changes.  Quarterly Monitoring allows me to monitor my TU score, but only every 3 months.

I wouldn't trust any other source besides myFICO.com for official FICO scores.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 4 of 7
Donks3369
Established Contributor

FicoHound,

The only place to get your actual FICO is through this site.  Any of the monitoring services, TrueCredit, CCT, Credit Secure, are all FAKO scores.  There is a product that is Equifax scorewatch that will show you your FICO score and update you if it changes.  Any score you are getting from anywhere else is a FAKO. 

If you do decide to buy from here Google "Myfico Discount Codes", so you don't have to pay as much.  Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I decided to get myfico. I ran my credit report and it has improved dramatically over last 3 months.

Went from 595-662.

I have paid 4 CA and now reflect a 0 balance. If I send GW letters to these and get them removed will I see a major credit jump? they were all delinquent around 2003 or so.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FicoHound007 wrote:

I have paid 4 CA and now reflect a 0 balance. If I send GW letters to these and get them removed will I see a major credit jump? they were all delinquent around 2003 or so.

If those are you only collections and they are all removed, you will likely see a nice increase. However, if you are rebucketed, some of the increase can be offset-- but no worry-- rebucketing is a good thing.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.